Werewolf Video Killed the Werewolf-star

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love some feedback on the game, particularly the changes to the formula and some roles. SK might've read really OP but I don't think he was but I think that's more due to the vig kill happening N1 not later in the game.

Also, thank you all who joined in. Was a wonderful game to watch and see what would happen. Had quite a few coin flips and I suspect nearly had a few more in it if things didn't swing late for the village
Modkill people whose tantrums pass the line of hilarity.

I enjoyed the game, of course, I still get distracted with work and life, but like to get involved when I can, wish it was more, but I thought the game ran pretty well overall.

I'll have to make sure I believe Porps in the future though :cool:

Read your damn messages before you go modkilling people :p
And yes^ agree to the above.

Modkilling Barry was ridiculous.
All things considered I believe that the decision at the time was the correct one and without bringing it all back up again (which I don't want to do), I stand by it

Unfortunate situation that I wish no one was involved in

Vote SM please Millky95

Obviously Hatchy is done for and should be the lynch today, but SM was the second vote shortly after ChappyUK yesterday on MWPP. Voted MWPP day 1 to create a 7-7 tie with Smeg Head, who coincidentally was 3rd vote on MWPP yesterday after voting really late the first two days. Skipped voting day 2, but I'm pretty sure he put in an invalid vote with no mod tag on The Filth Wizard to maintain his comedy run from day 1 where he did the same thing.

Both SM and Smeg decent chances to be wolves I reckon. I have a history of being badly wrong though so trust your own instincts.

Edit: Also SM fake seered as Doctor, though that's very limited in use.

This is what got me modkilled. Not only was I dumb enough to miss the big bold part of the OP telling me not to edit posts despite reading the OP many, many times, but I was dumb enough to write in the post that I'd edited it.

Conclusive proof that I am not as smart as I think I am :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what got me modkilled. Not only was I dumb enough to miss the big bold part of the OP telling me not to edit posts despite reading the OP many, many times, but I was dumb enough to write in the post that I'd edited it.

Conclusive proof that I am not as smart as I think I am :D

I would have let that go

No, it was wrong.

There was a strong case for a simultaneous modkill and lynch of player MWPP. She had 17 votes or thereabouts at the time. End of the day phase should have been called then. While this would have been outside the rules of the game it would have been consistent with the spirit and I believe would have been accepted by most players.

Would love some feedback on the game, particularly the changes to the formula and some roles. SK might've read really OP but I don't think he was but I think that's more due to the vig kill happening N1 not later in the game.

Also, thank you all who joined in. Was a wonderful game to watch and see what would happen. Had quite a few coin flips and I suspect nearly had a few more in it if things didn't swing late for the village
Good game mate, was fun (for me) and well managed by you and Chipmunk despite obvious challenges.

My only suggestion on roles would be to give the jester more oomph...maybe some night immunity, ability to seer and kill the odd campaigner. Yeah that’d be cool. But these changes are only necessary if I ever get picked as jester again.

There was a strong case for a simultaneous modkill and lynch of player MWPP. She had 17 votes or thereabouts at the time. End of the day phase should have been called then. While this would have been outside the rules of the game it would have been consistent with the spirit and I believe would have been accepted by most players.
I'd prefer to do away with tactical modkills altogether. I've used them before (although I've been a damn sight more subtle about it) but they go against the spirit of the game.

Good game mate, was fun (for me) and well managed by you and Chipmunk despite obvious challenges.

My only suggestion on roles would be to give the jester more oomph...maybe some night immunity, ability to seer and kill the odd campaigner. Yeah that’d be cool. But these changes are only necessary if I ever get picked as jester again.
If M95 wanted a JOAT he would have called you one :p

Thought it was a fun and well organised game, in spite of the odd hiccup. Well done to you and Chipmunk

I really enjoyed it Millky95 and Chipmunk

The only downer was that multi post mess in the middle. I reckon the rules might contemplate outrageous spamming as a modkill just to avoid people getting fed up and disengaging. I thought it was a computer glitch or something and kept switching on and off in the hope it would reset

Millky95 in terms of other feedback on the roles:

1. I really liked the enhanced SK role. It is a very difficult role.

2. Think it is good that Flogs get a function, beyond chatterboxing

3. If anything I thought the Village was U.P., with just one vig and the limit on the Docs ability to self heal.

4. Still I think in big games Village is advantaged by their sheer numbers. Sure big numbers early provide room for evil to hide away but I believe it no accident that an evil win is a rare event.

One way is to provide a 6th evil position.

Another is to power the 5 up a bit more - eg both factions to have two cub death equivalent conditions or an existing position in each to be night immune for the first two nights with the advice to the would be killer being 'Your kill action was unsuccessful. Your target was protected'. The same wording would apply if the targeted person was protected by the Amulet or the Doc.

Am just spitballing. Really hard to get the balance right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back