VIDEO: The impact of coronavirus on the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Edit: The Western Bulldogs should also be on the list of unassisted clubs.

It's also not looking likely we'll see a return date announced today (May 11th) :(

Edit: The Western Bulldogs should also be on the list of unassisted clubs.

It's also not looking likely we'll see a return date announced today (May 11th) :(
Training back tomorrow. I’d give it a month.

Was directed to this video from earlier this year by RussellEbertHandball on the Port board, its well worth a look as the season has moved on as yet many of questions raised are still with us.

You can follow where you own club fits after 2020 is behind us
As an Eagles fan its a reality check.

Perhaps we can encourage Footy A2Z to update where the clubs are up to?

Not sure this is the best place for this but it is clear now that the AFL aims to get the bulk of its recovery from slamming down the soft cap on AFL club football departments with an aggressive tax

The implication is the that clubs won't spend over this amount due to the cap. I would also suggest that there will be a revisiting of the base distributions.

I'm not sure what the existing non-playing cap is but I'm guessing there will be at least $60M knocked out of the football department spend. It is hard to see any other area of the game that will suffer anywhere near such a hit

Not sure this is the best place for this but it is clear now that the AFL aims to get the bulk of its recovery from slamming down the soft cap on AFL club football departments with an aggressive tax

The implication is the that clubs won't spend over this amount due to the cap. I would also suggest that there will be a revisiting of the base distributions.

I'm not sure what the existing non-playing cap is but I'm guessing there will be at least $60M knocked out of the football department spend. It is hard to see any other area of the game that will suffer anywhere near such a hit

Which clubs can afford that sort of unnecessary cost in the forseeable future, not mine.

Which clubs can afford that sort of unnecessary cost in the forseeable future, not mine.

I think the idea is that all clubs will be forced to CUT costs on their football department considerably.

I suspect this is a case of the AFL "never letting a crisis go to waste" and doing something it would like to have done anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back