FTA-TV Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to admit, I enjoyed the first couple of seasons more. My wife has dropped it. I'm still in but it's not a must watch.

I'm more looking forward to Game of Thrones for my history fix ;)
I'm sort of waiting for it to explode, because as of yet it is moving slow but it is quality and something has to give soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 10 Spoiler

Holy s**t. What an ending to the episode. Though I thought that someone would die during the war between the Fracs and Norsemen. Though I want to know what happened to Lagetha, did she survive the journey back because she was not mentioned in the flash forward scenes. And Ivar looks so ****ed up, with the eyes and that fact that he can't talk. Also, he talks like Floki, all pissed off at Ragnor.

And Bjorn's beard. #beardgoals

Strange episode but that Ragnar tirade was worth it. Shows how great a viking he is - I don't see him living out this season though. Ivar was lapping it up, loved every second of it lol

Episode 10 Spoiler

Holy s**t. What an ending to the episode. Though I thought that someone would die during the war between the Fracs and Norsemen. Though I want to know what happened to Lagetha, did she survive the journey back because she was not mentioned in the flash forward scenes. And Ivar looks so stuffed up, with the eyes and that fact that he can't talk. Also, he talks like Floki, all pissed off at Ragnor.

And Bjorn's beard. #beardgoals

The episode was weird in terms of the timescale covered. We had spent a lot of time building up to an epic battle. We get the battle then a little aftermath from it then bang we are 10 years down the track. I reckon it's the writers' way of fitting the show into the historical facts. Rollo did become ruler of Normandy and founded the Norman line that led to William the Conquerer and the current British royal family. But the show is really about Ragnar. They skipped a few years so they could focus on events now his sons are all men.

The episode was weird in terms of the timescale covered. We had spent a lot of time building up to an epic battle. We get the battle then a little aftermath from it then bang we are 10 years down the track. I reckon it's the writers' way of fitting the show into the historical facts. Rollo did become ruler of Normandy and founded the Norman line that led to William the Conquerer and the current British royal family. But the show is really about Ragnar. They skipped a few years so they could focus on events now his sons are all men.
I understand why they did the timejump. I've read up on the history of Rollo, Ragnor, etc.

Thought it was epic! That battle scene was well-done and I love how they've set it up with the sons, Bjorn planning a trip to the Mediterranean etc.
acorrding to history, they didn't get the Mediterranean until much later after England. I think they may not find what they are looking for and discover somewhere else.

The battle was a tad disappointing for me. I can understand Ragner and Rollo beating the hell out of each other since they're releasing all the years of tension between them but it felt like it went for too long with everything else that was going on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back