FTA-TV Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

acorrding to history, they didn't get the Mediterranean until much later after England. I think they may not find what they are looking for and discover somewhere else.
Well to answer that spoiler

the show hasn't been 100% factual but rather take bits and pieces out of the historical narrative, the timeline are all over the place for some of the things.

However, Bjorn and the boys do go on to become powerful Vikings in their own right and conquer and find new lands

And what I would not give for Ragnar to thrust a sword through his campaigner of a wife

I apologise for the one I mentioned above. I thought people would have saw the preview. In hindsight, I may have been incorrect. I think it was a flashback.

No, no, no. I've seen the episode. And usually watch the episode at 330pm every Friday arvo. I've been told off over the past few weeks for spoiling it, when no one else has seen it.

I'd like to see all the discussions without spoiler tags from now on.

Yeah, was a taken aback a bit when they just skipped ahead all of a sudden after the battle. But that final scene was epic.

Can't believe they're going to make us wait months for the next half of the season.
That cliffhanger rant has given me such a hard on

Bullshit we will have to wait months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes the wait all that much better

Can't wait to find out the answers to all these gaps

I don't think the gap is a problem Ragnar was stuffed, in mind and body not just with his Chinese woman's drug, but his wounds from the first Paris.
His despair regarding Athelston the monk, and of course his deep love and hatred for Rollo. What else would he have done, but vanish to get himself together.
One tough cookie that Ragnar character. More stable but deadly dangerous, and with plans more thought out, is Bjorn Ironside and his brothers, all are traditional north men who go a viking. But big brother is an historical marauder and plunderer .

So for me the gap of years to Ragnars return , is nothing more than what could have happened , time and growth for a new line of raiders bred from a raving angry adventurous King.

So its perfect , NOW FOR THE 5TH SEASON. Can't wait, but I guess a year or two away?

Set up very nicely - Bjorn has his map, you sort of guessed when he first found it that he'd go marauding further afield (the mediterranean was my guess at the time) - will he go via the Gilbratar straits or through the great rivers of the Ukraine into the Black Sea? One way or another Constantinople will be involved, and maybe Sicily - new exotic characters could be introduced from the Byzantine Empire and muslim Sicily.

Recall that the Seer foretold that Bjorn would discover a sea (or ocean) without tides (presumably that's either the black Sea or the Mediterranean)

Then there are further adventures for all of the brothers - the director has already hinted that ultimately the show is as much about Ragnar's sons as Ragnar himself.

We know Ivar the Boneless is destined for great things (when Ragnar was imploring someone to cut his head off, it was Ivar they kept going to), it will be Ivar who conquers Northumbria, he will defy his condition to perhaps become the greatest of Ragnar's sons, and then you have the discovery of Iceland, Greenland and North America - not sure if that adventure could sustain a whole series, but you can bet at least one of the brothers will be heading that way.

The boys were a bunch of whining sooks that weren't willing to go out and make a life for themselves

Hoping the remaining season shows them heading in the same direction as Bjorn and ultimately where they end up in their historical context .

I know Ivan is the one that rallies everyone for the Great Heathern army along with Bjorn.

America was discovered by Leif Erikkson and Greenland was discovered by Erik the Red (Leif's father). These two characters have already come and gone in the show, so I don't think that will be happening.

Leif was the one that sacrificed himself in Uppsala when Athelstan could not be sacrificed to the gods; and Erik was killed by Haraldson's men in season 1.

America was discovered by Leif Erikkson and Greenland was discovered by Erik the Red (Leif's father). These two characters have already come and gone in the show, so I don't think that will be happening.

Leif was the one that sacrificed himself in Uppsala when Athelstan could not be sacrificed to the gods; and Erik was killed by Haraldson's men in season 1.
Never knew that...bit odd for the story writers to kill of important characters like that.

Never knew that...bit odd for the story writers to kill of important characters like that.
I was wondering the same thing when I was watching the episode in Uppsala, trying to figure out who would sacrifice themselves to the gods. I thought Leif would be safe, because well, storyline.

But if' you've noticed, they got rid of all the supporting characters from the first raid to England; the last being Torstein. I don't why they just didn't introduce these characters when they where needed in the show. Have Ragnor meet Leif and go raid Greenland and America together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back