TV Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like Ivar but since they killed off Ragnar it just hasnt been as good, also imo they kind of ruined Floki a bit, they need to find a way to make Bjorn more interesting.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 23, 2006
between hope and reality
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
It's going to include the Normans and William the Conqueror ... man, if they can nail this it will be beyond epic
So they're going from the first Viking invasion, to the last Viking king, in the space of 2 generations? Those events were, what - 300 years apart?

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
So they're going from the first Viking invasion, to the last Viking king, in the space of 2 generations? Those events were, what - 300 years apart?
The Viking raid on the Lindisfarne monastery that occurs early in the show is widely understood to have happened in 793, and the Norman Invasion was obviously in 1066, so yep nearly 300 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham, Real Betis
I think it's been good so far. A few different strands.

Ivar with the Russian dude who likes to kill his brothers.
Lagertha setting up on her farm and inevitably having to unbury her sword and fight again.
Bjorn tries to rescue Harald from King Olaf played by the excellent Steven Berkoff.

JoondalupJ

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
They killed him off in the last episode anyway.
I often wondered if Floki actually died under all that stugff. Because they didn't finish his story well, It was Iceland or Greenland he took that group, but, I had thought they might send him to the West coast of the Americas' as happened with vikings as history now tells us, that would have been something because Floki I guess is semi fictional, But Bjorn Ironside is not fictional , and wound up King of Norway I think, but he travelled so far into the Mediteranean they had an epic story there to tell.
Now I need to ask about this season 6 part 2, is this the latest season, after all the fighting between Vikings, what is season 7 about then, I thought I'd seen all of six?

Remove this Banner Ad