FTA-TV Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I often wondered if Floki actually died under all that stugff. Because they didn't finish his story well, It was Iceland or Greenland he took that group, but, I had thought they might send him to the West coast of the Americas' as happened with vikings as history now tells us, that would have been something because Floki I guess is semi fictional, But Bjorn Ironside is not fictional , and wound up King of Norway I think, but he travelled so far into the Mediteranean they had an epic story there to tell.
Now I need to ask about this season 6 part 2, is this the latest season, after all the fighting between Vikings, what is season 7 about then, I thought I'd seen all of six?
Floki died in Iceland. His story came to an end, with him facing a Christian cross (his final defeat), as a mountain fell on top of him.

Ubbe & Torvi left Torvi's kids with Lagertha so that they would be free to explore the rumoured land beyond Iceland (i.e. North America).

They showed Bjorn’s efforts into the Mediterranean a few seasons ago. Nothing eventuated. Though he should go back once he is king.

With the spinoff series, that said it will go into the adventures into North America by Leif Erickson. But my issue is that a character called Leif scarified himself at tribute in Upsala all those seasons ago.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Ok
I don’t like splitting any season of any show per se
It was pretty crappy when they did it with The Sopranos. They gave us Season 6, and Season 6 The Final Episodes. They did the same thing with Mad Men, which was also irritating.

Vikings went from 10 episodes per season (S3) to 20 episodes (S4). They logically broke that into 4A & 4B, followed by 5A & 5B. This year we're getting 6A & 6B, which is no different from what we've had before.

I don't like it when they do it specifically for the final season. I'm happy for them to do it when they've done it consistently before.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Episode 6 was a dog's breakfast. Has it aired on SBS yet?

The whole election thing was garbage. The Russian story has gone off the boil. They let a seriously wounded Lagertha travel on her own to Kattegat? In the end I was glad that Lagertha died if it meant the woman stopped wailing that awful song.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
They showed Bjorn’s efforts into the Mediterranean a few seasons ago. Nothing eventuated. Though he should go back once he is king.

With the spinoff series, that said it will go into the adventures into North America by Leif Erickson. But my issue is that a character called Leif scarified himself at tribute in Upsala all those seasons ago.
Yes they didn't explore the Viking movements into the Mediteranean deeply enough, It sort of got cut off. But Bjorn Ironside spent lots of time there , even the
sneaking into Paris was actually not by Ragnar, but Bjorn when he used the tactic to get into a city in Italy that he thought was Rome, now I am not totally sure of the details of that , but it does show that there are a million stories of these Scandinavian maruaders who appear to have gone further than anyone realised until the last 30 or 50 years I guess as they discover stuff, like Viking styled camps or buildings in actual mainland USA.
I know the producers of Vikings took atistic liberties with characters and time frame and not all historically correct but they did the best they could and told everyone too, which was great. Fimmel (Ragnar) I was told after he'd been killed that the actor was heading off to play other historical / fiction and real people from the past, one was a suggestion that he would do Whyatt Earp, but I think Earp has been done enough.

Any way I would like to know if that has happened anyone in the know about these things?
Also can anyone tell me again, is this season 6 part 2 I have found is on TV now, brand new? Or is this one the end of Floki? That I have already seen?

I'm not game to check it in case I spoil it for myself , when I see it all.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Fimmel (Ragnar) I was told after he'd been killed that the actor was heading off to play other historical / fiction and real people from the past, one was a suggestion that he would do Whyatt Earp, but I think Earp has been done enough.
Travis Fimmel played the lead character in "Danger Close", a movie about the Battle of Long Tan.
Any way I would like to know if that has happened anyone in the know about these things?
Also can anyone tell me again, is this season 6 part 2 I have found is on TV now, brand new? Or is this one the end of Floki? That I have already seen?

I'm not game to check it in case I spoil it for myself , when I see it all.
Floki died at the end of Season 5B. The current series is 6A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Floki died at the end of season 5
Floki died at the end of Season 5B. The current series is 6A.

I don’t think that’s definite. We didn’t actually see him die. Still breathing and torch fire was still glowing. Probably makes it out and becomes a christian

Vegeta

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2015
New Zealand
Other Teams
Black Caps, FC Barcelona & Warriors
Is this the last season?

Would explain the last episode, seems pretty anticlimactic how they went about doing it but that character's time was up and the writers didn't have much for them.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Is this the last season?

Would explain the last episode, seems pretty anticlimactic how they went about doing it but that character's time was up and the writers didn't have much for them.
This is Season 6A, with another 10-episode 6B to follow. 6B will be the last episodes.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
So 6a and 6b are actually in normal circumstances, season 6 and season 7?
7 (6b) Being the finish of the series altogehter ?
Season 1 had 9 episodes.
Seasons 2 & 3 had 10 episodes.

Then the network doubled the order to 20 episodes per season. As a result, Seasons 4 and 5 were both split into 4A/B and 5A/B respectively. For this reason, we're now watching 6A, with 6B to follow in a few months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back