Viney concusses himself - media question Eagles Barrass?

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical MRP consistency

Viney escaping sanction cause he plays for a Vic club. Should have been rubbed out for at least a week for a high bump resulting in a concussion and the player not being able to continue.

Bias crap as usual.

But sure, play the Vic bias card...again.

There is a vic bias though - evidenced by the majority of members of the MRP/Tribunal (MRO, AFL Rep, Tribunal Members) being domiciled in Victoria and being former members of Victorian based clubs. In addition all hearings are based out of Victoria.

Now whether that results in skewed decisions is up for debate - but the inherent imbalance in the whole structure is very clear.

Imagine the outcry if a hearing was held in WA with panel members previously from WC sitting on the case?

I don't think I've read an interstate newspaper in my life. Maybe try that Weagles supporters.

The naitanui debacle last year... Jetta (wins a free kick but gets suspended) and gov thanks to a chair we could probably be forgiven for being a little bit paranoid.
that Jetta one was a mistake to award the free kick from the umpire

As annoying as it's been that we haven't caught a break with the suspensions, I've felt that all our suspended players deserved a week going on how the league is cracking down on head high/consussion injuries.

This incident however is very different given that Barrass is running in a straight line away from Viney, gives a handball and then protects the ball carrier without deviating from his line. Viney runs into him and hurts himself in the process.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets given a week by the MRO, but it will definitely be overturned at the tribunal.

Well worded. AFL cutting down on head high injuries and concussions.

If you jump off the ground and elbow someone in the face and they are lucky enough to escape injury.......you are fine.......if you are a protected species.

As soon as I saw it 2 things came to mind

Viney is a psycho, Barass would have atleast 10 kegs on him and also that was never a suspension. Barass had hardly released the ball when he bumped him and Viney was bloody accelerating at him so he's entitled to protect himself

Gotta save the outrage for when a player is actually unfairly suspended, not before.

The commentators were bang on too. They all agreed that while Barrass did not do anything intentionally, any incident resulting in a concussion will be closely looked at. None of them were on a Barrass hunting mission though. They were 100% right that'd it would be analysed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back