Viney hit on Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm surprised this didn't even get a fine. For me, he's not making a tackle - he's making Boak earn it and has just whacked him in the lower back/kidney area. Given it ultimately resulted in Boak being substituted, it deserved more scrutiny.

Yes, in our day this would be nothing, but with all the cleansing that's going on, this stands out as odd that nothing came of it.

I'm surprised this didn't even get a fine. For me, he's not making a tackle - he's making Boak earn it and has just whacked him in the lower back/kidney area. Given it ultimately resulted in Boak being substituted, it deserved more scrutiny.

Yes, in our day this would be nothing, but with all the cleansing that's going on, this stands out as odd that nothing came of it.

Well ever since Van Rooyen got 2 weeks for a standard spoil, who on earth knows these days. The whole thing is a joke. I can understand being frustrated. Maybe because Boak fumbled a bit it contributed to it being more in the back then it would have otherwise? Meh dunno,

Viney probably cost the game with his dumb mistakes. But in this case he went for side on side bump but Boak turned his back at the last second. Not sure what penalty that should be?

It wasn't high, the ball was in play. It should have been a free kick to Boak for in the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back