Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw...have a go at picking the order of best

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
...Because I have nfi. Every time I think one is better than the others, the other three smash it

Good problem to have

Hard to list them at the moment because they're all playing terrible football. Putting it on paper right now - not one of them will be on an AFL list in two years' time.

I reckon we shouldn't underestimate Vineys leadership, attack on the ball, and the man, and his ability to break clear of the contest with raw power. he's our no1 imo. Oliver a close 2nd, so consistent at winning the ball and competing all day. Brayshaw 3rd, he has the best mix of an inside/outside game of all our mids. Petracca has a few things to work on but with his mix of power, size and talent, could easily go past them all with another season or 2 under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Oliver
2. Viney
3. CP5
4. Gus

If we're going off the last month:

1. Oliver
2. Viney
3. Gus
4. Petracca

Long term, I think Oliver and then Petracca have the higher ceilings. Viney and Gus will keep doing what they're doing, hopefully more consistently.

Olivers hands are amazing, a true midfielder
Viney, adds some real grunt in the engine room the Dees really need
Gus, doesnt quite have the 2 above, but might gather possessions like Mitchell
Petracca, Love him as a forward with a strong grab and leap, can only see him as a part time mid.

The only thing I can say for sure is that Petracca does not currently deserve to have his name mentioned with the other 3.

Respectfully as possible, I think this is BS

Oliver is the number one

In the next year or two he'll realise he can just run through/around everyone with his speed and power and get out in space where he can use his really good leg and then he'll be Judd 2.0 with his ball winning/handling ability. He's also surprisingly good overhead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back