Resource Vintage Brisbane Bears/Lions Multi-Media Mega-Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't speak for the Fitzroy side of things but I'd recommend picking up the old Brisbane Bears/Lions season guides up to 2003 when Peter Blucher leaves the club (the content gets weaker until the club stops producing them in the early 2010s) if you're keen to know some more about players at the time. There's usually a decent sized written piece/interview on pretty much every player on the list and because it's a different time, the content tends to be pretty interesting and in a loose style. I do still remember when Luke Power said in one of those pieces that he wanted to play more midfield time after one of his excellent forward seasons and I was like, pfft, like that would ever happen...

I am in search of any Brisbane Bears Annual Reports between 1987 and 1996. Can anyone help? Thus far I have only obtained 1994 and 1996, but am seeking any of the missing years. These reports were made available to club members, like any other club does, for the duration of their lifespan.

Whilst you don’t really get anything tangible from the club anymore, other than your membership pack; I’ve kept every single thing, I mean everything, yearbook, posters, annual reports, membership packs (including cards, stickers, lanyards etc.) Lions Tales, post season review magazines to random mail about whatever since the club formed in 1996 to present. It goes close to filling two plastic containers, although no idea why I’ve kept it all (I guess I could just never throw anything away from the club) or what I’ll do with it. I used to love getting all the pre and post season magazines and Lions Tales that were prevalent in the 97-05 or thereabouts (pre-digital things) and I even used to print and bind the yearbooks when they transitioned to only doing them electronically which they stopped doing at least a dozen years ago or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am in search of any Brisbane Bears Annual Reports between 1987 and 1996. Can anyone help? Thus far I have only obtained 1994 and 1996, but am seeking any of the missing years. These reports were made available to club members, like any other club does, for the duration of their lifespan.
That's a niche collectors item!

I used to have the T-shirt they gave out for that match. Black shirt with “fluoro” orange glow in the dark text that said something like “I was there when they turned the lights on at the Gabba”

We should make a similar one for all those there for Round 2 this year, saying "I was there when they turned the lights out at the Gabba".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back