FTA-TV Vinyl - New HBO Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving this show. Almost gets better and better each week.
Brilliant init?

I was initially pissed when Terence Winter brought Boardwalk Empire to an end to work on "another project". He hasn't let me down with this so far...
And just like BE, they've also nailed this with the casting, the acting, the writing, the music, the clothes. Just superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've really tried with this show but have had enough, absolute garbage. Biggest problem for me is that I just don't like/empathise with any of the main characters. Bobby Cannavale seems miscast to me. Don't really think that leading man roles are his forte which is a shame as it all revolves around him. Mick Jaggers son can't act for s**t and is a one trick pony with the cliched snarling bad boy personna. The only shining light for me is the Lester Grimes character who sadly features in too few scenes. Olivia Wilde is smoking hot but her character has about as much depth as a kiddies blow up pool.

Expected so much more from the creators of Boardwalk Empire, I'm out!

Have repeatedly watched the two music parts where Bowie was playing Suffragette City (one of my fave Bowie songs) and then in the music shop where they were playing the Stooges' No Fun (one of my fave Stooges). Fantastic. Yeah episode built slowish to start but the way they tied it up with Ernst was brilliant and combined with the music became an epic ep for me. Great show, Cannavale just keeps nailing it.

Ok I'm back o board, easily the best episode for me. starting to feel a bit of empathy for Ritchie now, slowly starting to make sense. The episode really had me when Olivia got all her gear off. My wife turned to me and said "i thought you hated this show???" I sheepishly replied "its not too bad"....

Mick Jaggers son still sucks though....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back