FTA-TV Vinyl - New HBO Series

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't mind the last episode (Loved the Indigo song!!)
Did enough for me to look forward to the next season. I didnt get the whole CGBG thing (I picked up that it had cultural significance, but didnt know what it was about)
Looks like its being set up for a short run (2-3 seasons) Richie turning bad, extra bad then good within a season sort of tells me that the show is about the short term.

CBGB's (Country, Bluegrass and Blues) was opened in December 1973 by Hilly Kristal. It became the leading Punk Rock venue not just in New York but the world. The Ramones played their first ever gig at this venue. Lots of other Punk bands were showcased including Television, Wayne County and the Electric Chairs, Patti Smith. New Wave bands like Talking Heads got their break at CGBG's as well. It is pretty famous Benno355 . There was a great movie made about it. The Talking Heads gave a wonderful to tribute to Hilly when they were nominated into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I worry that the murder thing will derail the show

I didn't like the pilot much due to the fact the same thing happens in 'empire'.

i am 4 episodes in and thankfully the show has improved with the guy recording 'christmas you go so fast' being my fav part so far :D

I didn't mind the last episode (Loved the Indigo song!!)
Did enough for me to look forward to the next season. I didnt get the whole CGBG thing (I picked up that it had cultural significance, but didnt know what it was about)
Looks like its being set up for a short run (2-3 seasons) Richie turning bad, extra bad then good within a season sort of tells me that the show is about the short term.

Looks all over and seems to have been cancelled.

another one bites the dust... I liked the cameos & music but really it was just one rolling Bobby Carnavale meltdown/freakout after another. He was great doing that in Boardwalk Empire & it was ok here but it gets tired real quick.

Pity though.

I was really looking forward to S2.

I wonder if this is showing that HBO is a feeling the heat from Netflix and making some cuts.

The *ers better not axe the Deadwood movie...

the series went downhill fast. didnt expect it to get axed after getting renewed after 1 episode. HBO need some hits, Westworld looks good. Leftovers ending after its 3rd season. They never should of passed on American Gods even after all the delays.

I know HBO did the same thing with a cancellation after renewing it months before with the Brink but didnt think they would do it to Terrence Winter unless they have him working on something new.

All style, no substance. Very surprised it got so quickly renewed in the first place. Probably wishful thinking on HBO's part, given the huge amount of dosh they spent on it ($100m). Good riddance.

Was hoping this series would be as good as Boardwalk Empire, but it was vacuous crap. Whilst it looked good, in reality it was pure indulgence from a couple of old men harking back to "better" days. Uninspired plot, poorly written, average casting, over acted, and they paid how much for it?

Reminds me a bit of...

latest

another one bites the dust... I liked the cameos & music but really it was just one rolling Bobby Carnavale meltdown/freakout after another. He was great doing that in Boardwalk Empire & it was ok here but it gets tired real quick.

Pity though.

I lasted abut five episodes and it seemed all about the bolded above, Really like Bobby Carnavale as an actor but only as good as the script he is given. I think the style looked good but "too many chefs in the kitchen" Martin Scorsese Mick Jagger in a genre (TV series) they have little experience in. Ray Romano becoming the kiss of death for TV series he appears in?
Men of a Certain Age (US) cancelled
Vinyl cancelled

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone watched this again?

I'm curious to know if anyones opinion on the show changed when they watched it again a few years later.

I was surprised it didn't get a second season atleast, Thought it was good enough to continue.

Has anyone watched this again?

I'm curious to know if anyones opinion on the show changed when they watched it again a few years later.

I was surprised it didn't get a second season atleast, Thought it was good enough to continue.
Yes I liked it just as much as first time. Underrated and should have got a second season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back