Politics Violence against Nazis, acceptable?

Reading Mein Kampf is something that should happen
Know your enemy after all
I tried once.

Hitler should also be reviled for crimes against literature. It's terrible.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
So the filter we screen with guarantees better people than existing Australians will be let into the country? That’s a big call. I wouldn’t say that is true of a number of nationalities. It certainly isn’t true of the Lebanese that were admitted in the 70s, not the Pakistanis that emigrated to the UK.
Oiiiii easy there champ. My old man is getting on in age but he'll still knock you out uleh...

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Shouldn’t citizenship mean something?
It's a thought experiment. I am not advocating we actually kick out undesirables. I am pointing out that an immigrant group, even if it has people who go on to commit crime, is not likely to make society worse, because the known deadbeats will be excluded, unlike society as a whole.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's a thought experiment. I am not advocating we actually kick out undesirables. I am pointing out that an immigrant group, even if it has people who go on to commit crime, is not likely to make society worse, because the known deadbeats will be excluded, unlike society as a whole.

Why can’t citizenship mean something in the thought experiment?

What’s the purpose of a state if it can’t guarantee protections for its citizens?

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Why can’t citizenship mean something in the thought experiment?

What’s the purpose of a state if it can’t guarantee protections for its citizens?
A thought experiment is to make you think by giving examples not possible in the real world. Otherwise it's just a proposition.

An immovable object meeting an irresistible force is a thought experiment. I don't have to have an actual irresistible force to make that postulation.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
A thought experiment is to make you think by giving examples not possible in the real world. Otherwise it's just a proposition.
Yes, but the purpose of a thought experiment is to explore the full implications. Eg if a state could cut its worst 10% citizens each year like a multinational, what implications would that have for the state?

Why would anyone pay taxes in said state, for instance?

An immovable object meeting an irresistible force is a thought experiment.
No, that’s a riddle.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Yes, but the purpose of a thought experiment is to explore the full implications. Eg if a state could cut its worst 10% citizens each year like a multinational, what implications would that have for the state?

Why would anyone pay taxes in said state, for instance?
Solid basis for a Black Mirror episode.

Apr 13, 2008
Drunk in a ditch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Psyduck, Psyduck, Psyduck
You know when people talk about “not integrating” they’re not talking about a family from Pakenham Upper going back to Victoria because they can’t stand the humidity in Brisbane.

Irrelevant example, no real citizen of Gods country (Pakenham) would have left in the first place, more like they were faux imposters trying to fool you :D

How much does he kickback to you for all the advertising this board does for that site?
You mean Stormfront, the white supremacist website where like-minded neo-Nazis congregate to share thoughts on the foreign powers that conspire to dilute and weaken our great European nation?

Or Smerff Electrical, the Nazi tradie, proud defender of white heritage with competitive pricing for all your electrical needs?

Nothing - why?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
You mean Stormfront, the white supremacist website where like-minded neo-Nazis congregate to share thoughts on the foreign powers that conspire to dilute and weaken our great European nation?

Or Smerff Electrical, the Nazi tradie, proud defender of white heritage with competitive pricing for all your electrical needs?

Nothing - why?
Why all the advertising for them?

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
If after today, you don't understand why it's acceptable to punch nazis in the face, there is no hope for you!
Did you see Fraser Annings post? Basically said it showed the link between Muslim immigration and violence. Most disgraceful senator in decades and prime candidate for a punch in the face.

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
If after today, you don't understand why it's acceptable to punch nazis in the face, there is no hope for you!
Fighting violence with violence is not the answer. All it does is ensure that the original violent perpetrators (in this instance it is nazis) get more motivation.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
No, you got it wrong, it's NOT acceptable, the problem you see but fail to (self)diagnose, is solipsistic* authoritarianism, by terrorists, or far right, or clergy, or neo-nazi(s).

*Goedelfallacy

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Fighting violence with violence is not the answer. All it does is ensure that the original violent perpetrators (in this instance it is nazis) get more motivation.
The police response to the Christchurch incident was itself an act of `violence`. If it makes you feel better, replace punch to the face with, police issue mace sprayed to the face. This lets you off the hook.

Today this scum was doing his equivalent of punching a nazi.

and therein lies the problem.

Allowing people to both self define and punch the 'bad guys' leaves a huge opening for the question of 'who are the bad guys?'.

Also, even if it was clearly defined...if 'nazis' know they're going to get punched anyway, why wouldn't they preemptively attack those they don't like?

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
and therein lies the problem.

Allowing people to both self define and punch the 'bad guys' leaves a huge opening for the question of 'who are the bad guys?'.

Also, even if it was clearly defined...if 'nazis' know they're going to get punched anyway, why wouldn't they preemptively attack those they don't like?

There is also the literal ramification of causing brain damage (CTE) to a political extremist, often resulting in less cohesive thought control and heightened levels of aggression.

Back