Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
Is there going to be a bigfooty league this year? Would love to join.

Atavistic, wouldnt it be better to get cheap forwards and load up on the midfield as thats where the points will come from?

Yes, it's probably good to get a couple of cheap forwards since the expensive forwards can fall in price drastically and mids generally score highest. I was hoping Aguero would be kind of cheap, but he's $8.6m - too much. Think I'll go with Chicharito.

Here's a code for a Big Footy league: 822387.

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Just joined, looking forward to got season... Loving the cheap keeper options of Given & De Gea...

Also massive rule change for this year is that our benches dont score ANY points at all... Means can use them as cheap cash cows and load up in scoring positions like in supercoach.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
Just joined, looking forward to got season... Loving the cheap keeper options of Given & De Gea...

Also massive rule change for this year is that our benches dont score ANY points at all... Means can use them as cheap cash cows and load up in scoring positions like in supercoach.

But, unlike SuperCoach, players score for clean sheets and wins, so it can help to have a bit of depth. An example: Arsenal plays Liverpool in week 2, so I might put Vermaelen on the bench and play Dunne, Riise or Bosingwa instead. IDK. I haven't settled on my defenders yet.

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
But, unlike SuperCoach, players score for clean sheets and wins, so it can help to have a bit of depth. An example: Arsenal plays Liverpool in week 2, so I might put Vermaelen on the bench and play Dunne, Riise or Bosingwa instead. IDK. I haven't settled on my defenders yet.

Yea good point. Id still have faith in the defenders from big clubs having clean sheets over guys from lower clubs... Do u reckon Dunne can get back to his best? Had a shocker last year, i suppose he cant really get any cheaper can he :p

if you want a cheap mid get taarabt i kid you not he is the only one that will do anything for QPR

Isnt he rumored to be on the move somewhere??

mcben

Draftee
Jan 19, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Full league! Serves me right for waiting so late. Anyone know of any other leagues with spots?

Cheers

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
In as Nieso FC

Current Line Up

De Gea
Cole - Kompany - Jagielka
Nani - Lampard - Bale - Cabaye - Taarabt
Suarez - Torres

Given, Figueroa, Brown, Holt

Didn't you do really well last season? I seem to remember seeing your team high in the rankings.

Cabaye seems a good prospect, though I haven't seem him in many teams.

EDIT: Think this will be my final team:

De Gea, Given
Vidic, Ivanovic, Vermaelen, Riise, Dunne
Lampard, Young, N'Zogbia, Cabaye, Taarabt
Rooney, Chicharito, Holt

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Seriosly how unlucky can you be. Just looked through my results for all my leagues… I scored 152 & im 376 overall

1. WON
2. LOST – im 4th in total points
3. DREW – im equal 3rd in total points
4. LOST – im 3rd in total points (bigfooty league)
5. WON

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
Any ideas on players to trade in before the prices increase? I traded in Bosingwa and Aguero after week one; this week I'm looking at Cleverley and maybe Enrique or Phil Jones. I might get Mata depending on price, and Modric if he heads to Chelsea.

EDIT:
Ivanovic to Ryan Taylor
and
Vermaelen to Stephen Ward
for quick $$

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Yea im getting on Taylor this week. Just cant work out who else to jump on.

Thinking getting rid of Moses or Graham up forward. Have 4.2M in bank so got just over 8mil to spend. At this stage thinking Bent as has a awesome set fixtures coming up.

Old Man Rivers

Draftee
Aug 22, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
G'day Lads

Just stumbled on this web site tonight
Currently in my 1st EPL fantasy season & just finding my feet.

Thinking of trading in two defenders this week
Agger to Ryan Taylor & Hangeland to Jose Boswinga
These will be my 1st two trades of the season

Defence will then read - Kompany, A.Cole,R.Taylor,Bosingwa, Gabbidon

Should I be throwing out Agger & Hangeland this early?

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
after watching Dzeko I must get him. Will have to cut my losses on Carroll who will plunge again this week.

So Vermallen to N Taylor
Carroll to Dzeko

Last week brought in R Taylor and Klasnic.

Regretting not having A Young, but that horse has bolted as I was unsure who Man Utd would play.

Need to hope Downing and Adam continue to perform.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
G'day Lads

Just stumbled on this web site tonight
Currently in my 1st EPL fantasy season & just finding my feet.

Thinking of trading in two defenders this week
Agger to Ryan Taylor & Hangeland to Jose Boswinga
These will be my 1st two trades of the season

Defence will then read - Kompany, A.Cole,R.Taylor,Bosingwa, Gabbidon

Should I be throwing out Agger & Hangeland this early?

I think with the crazy price movements it's best to use four trades after week 1 and week 2 games have been played. Bosingwa might keep up his good form, but he was much better value last week, as was Taylor. That said, you can still trade them in and make money. Their breakevens are here: http://forum.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&t=82277&p=21
Newcastle plays QPR next, so Taylor could get a clean sheet.

TBH I'd think about getting Nasri in before the next round of games - he'll probably score heaps playing for a rampant Man City. Still waiting on prices for Mata and others. Vermaelen looks a better option now that Arsenal has signed Mertesacker and Santos, so I'll probably keep him.

Next round starts Sept 10, so there's heaps of time for trades.

Old Man Rivers

Draftee
Aug 22, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I think with the crazy price movements it's best to use four trades after week 1 and week 2 games have been played. Bosingwa might keep up his good form, but he was much better value last week, as was Taylor. That said, you can still trade them in and make money. Their breakevens are here: http://forum.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&t=82277&p=21
Newcastle plays QPR next, so Taylor could get a clean sheet.

TBH I'd think about getting Nasri in before the next round of games - he'll probably score heaps playing for a rampant Man City. Still waiting on prices for Mata and others. Vermaelen looks a better option now that Arsenal has signed Mertesacker and Santos, so I'll probably keep him.

Next round starts Sept 10, so there's heaps of time for trades.

Anyone across the extent of Nasri's injury?

Will he play this weekend?

I need to know before I jump on him?

Any other Must Haves this weekend?

Back