Vive La France! The most effective Western military power of the 21st century

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The French special forces are definitely one of the most professional going around

They certainly are.

The French are excellent tactically and also strategically.

They certainly are.

The French are excellent tactically and also strategically.

I watched a documentary on the french special forces take out terrorists on an aircraft. I don't recall the name of the doco but it was simply amazing how calm the guys and organised they were about something so out of control.

french-military-victories.gif

No, it appears you've already been eviscerated - it's called a joke.

It wasn't funny. You spit on the graves of millions of dead French soldiers.

The surrender joke is made by Brits who tend to overlook the British Expeditionary Force ran to Dunkirk and only escaped utter destruction because Hitler was generous.

It's used to poke fun at French incompetence in certain wars, not to poke fun at people who sacrifice their lives.

And considering it wasn't even a serious post, calling it spitting on graves is a bit rich. You're being a bit too precious and extrapolating that post to something seemingly malicious.

You don't happen to be French by any chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's used to poke fun at French incompetence in certain wars, not to poke fun at people who sacrifice their lives.

And considering it wasn't even a serious post, calling it spitting on graves is a bit rich. You're being a bit too precious and extrapolating that post to something seemingly malicious.

You don't happen to be French by any chance?

I'm not French.

Incompetence where?

Like not getting involved in Iraq?

Because yeah, the Brits, Yanks and Aussies totally smashed that one.

Military genius.

Oh please.

Do you seriously think that every time someone cracks out a surrender joke?

Why don't people joke about the British surrender at Singapore?

I'm not French.

Incompetence where?

Like not getting involved in Iraq?

Because yeah, the Brits, Yanks and Aussies totally smashed that one.

Military genius.
Perhaps you could start by how they quickly and spectacularly failed when the Germans invaded their country?

What does not getting involved in Iraq have to do with anything?

Perhaps you could start by how they quickly and spectacularly failed when the Germans invaded their country?

What does not getting involved in Iraq have to do with anything?

They actually put up a decent fight and frankly, everyone fell before the Nazi war machine in the summer 1940.

Because they didn't surrender Britain like the French surrendered france? The fact you even think these are similar is baffeling.

Quit being offended on the behalf of others, its childish.

They would have surrendered had the Channel not been there.

Also, don't speak to me using Americanisms like "quit".

Imbecile

The surrender joke is made by Brits who tend to overlook the British Expeditionary Force ran to Dunkirk and only escaped utter destruction because Hitler was generous.

Whilst the French were doing what exactly? They were pathetic just as they were in WWI. How many times did the Grand Armee defeat Wellington?

As the French would say "plus ca change".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back