News Vlad stepping down ??

benytyne.jpg

Personally, I would have thought Mcguire would be very good in that role.
If Gillon Mclachlan does not take over it will probably mean Brian Cook is courted.

Say what?

He has the business acumen of a warthog on methadone.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed is Eddie.

I was not aware of that. I know he did not succeed running a television network but I thought he would have a bit of a clue about a football organization.
I defer to your personal knowledge of him.

I was not aware of that. I know he did not succeed running a television network but I thought he would have a bit of a clue about a football organization.
I defer to your personal knowledge of him.

Not only the Nine Network fiasco for Packer, but the pub purchase disaster during his current term with Collingwood.

His ex-best mate Swann didn't bugger off to Carlton without good reason.;)

Also, we've seen what happens when he doesn't have an auto-cue in front of him or a live game of footy to call with the King Kong/Goodes drama.

Nice enough guy, but dumb as a box of hammers.

He has a few too many nasty...umm recreational habits ;) and ummm...deviances...to take on such a role. A LOT of skeletons in that closet.

Not only the Nine Network fiasco for Packer, but the pub purchase disaster during his current term with Collingwood.

His ex-best mate Swann didn't bugger off to Carlton without good reason.;)

Also, we've seen what happens when he doesn't have an auto-cue in front of him or a live game of footy to call with the King Kong/Goodes drama.

Nice enough guy, but dumb as a box of hammers.

So it leaves Gillon or Brian Cook.
Either way I believe it requires less micro managing than we have witnessed with Demetriou. He has involved himself and ultimately imposed his personal preferences far too much.

Eddie would set the AFL back 15 years, which might not be a bad thing in some respects. I would love a MRP with some sort of consistency.

Brian Cook would be the best sporting club executive that we have seen in the modern era.

However, I seriously hope that they cast the net far wider than just sports execs.

I'll be surprised if they cast the net any further than Gillon.

Made some OK decisions regarding the low hanging commercial fruit.

shored up the position of the crappy vic clubs, to the long term detriment of the league.

displayed breathtaking ineptitude in regards to drugs, tanking, salary cap cheating and fairness.

blew a million bucks of league money trying to cheat a final by shifting it to geelong at the last minute.

2/10

Back