VO2 Max Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
Volunteered to do it today, regretted it as soon as I started but sort of happy I've done it now. I think if it weren't for the mouth piece I would've done better, but the dry reaching and dry mouth meant I was out of my comfort zone a bit. Another downside for me was I like to breathe in through my nose for as long as I can, obviously can't do that with this test at all.

My fitness levels have been pathetic this year due to trying to work with and recover from niggling injuries and problems, so I wasn't expecting a good score, ended up getting a 40.4. Sort of what I expected but still disappointed because it was poor compared to the other volunteers. The highest of the group was 57.

Couple of questions, how is the test supposed to finish? I finished it by stepping off the treadmill once the mouthpiece fell out.

Also, has anybody else done it and if so what ml/kg/min did you get?

edit: just did a quick google search and saw Brett Deledio got 60 a few years ago..mother of god.

The test is supposed to finish when the person cannot go on anymore and quits/falls of the treadmill/something like that. I have never done one, so I cannot answer that question of yours. Here is a list I Googled of the best (it may be different now, I don't know).

Screen-shot-2011-10-03-at-12.27.09-PM-m44lzk.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back