phurry

Senior List
Nov 17, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GC Blaze and GC United
Alright!! I know this maybe wrong or stupid but as a fan of the Gold Coast AFL team i am starting this thread to ask ever so kindly if people can get behind the GC17 bid and vote for Marlins.

I understand there are people here who are one eyed supporters of their own team and that's fine but this is for the benefit of the AFL as a competition. What needs to be done is that people need to sign up at
www.gc17.com.au and then you will be emailed a link to vote for the team name. Registering your support does not mean you have to sign up as a member but it shows your support for the AFL and the future of our great game.

I am hoping that some people here will help this cause and please vote for MARLINS. Sure Stingrays sound fierce but the damn thing is a butt Ugly creature and would make a horrible mascot. Also a stingray killed our beloved hero Steve Irwin.
If you don't believe me Marlins would make a great mascot then have a look at the jumper design thread at Crow28's design, also visit
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com and have a look at what they have done and accomplished with a Marlin.

I know some of you are laughing right now but lets make the right choice for the AFL and lets show those rugby boofs that we have the greatest sport in Australia!! Lets vote #1 for the Gold Coast Marlins!!

Thank you!!!!

Yeah its a good one. :thumbsu:

The 'proposed' logo looks good too:

ca2538a117.jpg

There is an ABA basketball team called th Cairns Marlins who have been around for many years. They won the national title last year. Probably have the name registered I suspect.

http://www.ababasketball.net.au/fs_newsitem.asp?id=74170&orgID=101&Oname=ABA&O1c=16&O10c=7

I don't understand peoples fixation with "oh but it's been done!!!"

There is absolutely no complications with taking the Marlins name. The Cairns ABA would fail dismally to prove that having a Gold Coast based AFL club would infringe on it's market identity.

Same as the sharks. There is not a sporting team in the world which can make this claim.

Special cases like the Lakers can be made because the Lakers invented the mascot themselves. There is no such thing as a laker. It's not a noun. However, sharks and marlins are. No one can claim copyright on them, and unless they can prove that they are having their business identity compromised, then there isn’t a damned thing they can do about it.

Might as well vote for Guards or Ironmen. By having one of the silly names at least you'll remember the teams name for future reference as the team itself won't last long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seeing as its not my team they should be the gold coast stingrays so i can see a guy dressed up in a stingray costume before games. or maybe the rays... then they could have a guy in a sun costume or something

seeing as its not my team they should be the gold coast stingrays so i can see a guy dressed up in a stingray costume before games. or maybe the rays... then they could have a guy in a sun costume or something
What about the Gold Coast Turds - you could have a brown **** like object running around with steam coming off it. Its worth a thought.

What about the Gold Coast Turds - you could have a brown **** like object running around with steam coming off it. Its worth a thought.
The motto could be 'We are the Gold Coast Turds. Think of us each time you wipe your ass'. Their sponsor could be Sorbent or Dan Toilet paper. 'Proudly sponsoring the Gold Coast Turds'!!!!!

The motto could be 'We are the Gold Coast Turds. Think of us each time you wipe your ass'. Their sponsor could be Sorbent or Dan Toilet paper. 'Proudly sponsoring the Gold Coast Turds'!!!!!

That would certainly get everybody on the Gold Coast thinking about them at least once a day....... as long as they are eating their All Bran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back