Competitions Vote for the 2015 Whipping Boy!

Who will be the 2015 Whipping Boy?

• David Mackay

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • Patrick Dangerfield

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Ricky Henderson

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Josh Jenkins

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Brodie Martin

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • James Podsiadly

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Brent Reilly

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Scott Thompson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nathan van Berlo

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Steven Trigg

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
It's time to vote... who will be this year's whipping boy?

A great honour, we bestow each preseason the mantle of "Whipping Boy" upon the player deemed most underachieving. A player whose body bounces the cheques their mouth writes. A player who shall cause us all to rip out our hair, and throw remote controls, and swear at pets. A player who shall take it one game at a time, who is just happy to get the four points, despite the fact they got Brownlow votes... for the other team.

Nominees:

David Mackay - I can think of 400 reasons why he might be nominated.

Patrick Dangerfield - have you signed yet? will the crowds turn on him the longer the season goes?

Richard Douglas - he's got a lot of balls... as long as he can keep his feet.

Ricky Henderson - the combination of pillows and clouds and basketball and the metric system (soft, doesn't know the game, and has no feet)

Josh Jenkins - but ALL HIS GOALS ARE CHEAP ONES

Brodie Martin - my favourite flavour, vanilla. it tries hard, but nah.

James Podsiadly - when he said his favourite show was Big Bang, he meant the original one, not the one with Sheldon.

Brent Reilly - bounce... bounce... bounce... OOF.

Scott Thompson - SUN'S OUT, GUNS OUT. DE's out too.

Nathan van Berlo - captain, 16th in the B&F. Is his time up?

Steven Trigg - you know why. Carlton, eat s**t and die.

Other - * off, I didn't miss anyone. Or did I?

Dick_Cheney.jpg

Hartigan immediately came to mind as the obvious omission from the above list.
My prediction is Hartigan will end the season with a rating of 6/10, which should see him well out of whipping boy range despite the attempts of some to keep him there (remember Dougie?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst many on that list will be whipped to varying degrees the player I see as favourite for the title is VB, assuming he's reappointed as captain. If not then Mackay, whom I voted for because I don't believe VB will be captain in 2015.

On another note; I've never understood why players who haven't got any standout features receive the 'vanilla' label, I thought vanilla was a flavour and therefor out of the ordinary. The more logical label in my opinion would be 'plain'.

You know what shits me.

People comparing plain with vanilla

Vanilla is its own unique and complex flavour, anyone like French Vanilla? Fantastic and as nice as other flavours! .

Plain is plain. .. not vanilla

French vanilla with heaps of Ice Magic works a treat

You know what shits me.

People comparing plain with vanilla

Vanilla is its own unique and complex flavour, anyone like French Vanilla? Fantastic and as nice as other flavours! .

Plain is plain. .. not vanilla

I see what you're saying.

Next time I go to the shops for ice cream, I'll ask for a plain. After they give me a vanilla, I'll hand it back and say, "No... I wanted a plain"

I see what you're saying.

Next time I go to the shops for ice cream, I'll ask for a plain. After they give me a vanilla, I'll hand it back and say, "No... I wanted a plain"
plain ice cream should taste like frozen milk/cream

Just because people are ignorant of the truth, that doesn't make it any less true.

Back