Think Tank CONGRATS on winning the 2023 Jeff Kennett Embarrassment Of The Year award: GeeLOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Pole is up flogs, vote early and vote often because we'll be closing this one Wed night thanks to the return of Thu night footy/Carltank finally being relegated to Sun twilight games where they belong

Also, we need to dub this prestigious award with a suitable name, so chuck out some noms for that and I'll squeeze in a pole (fnarr) during the bye weeks

Meanwhile it's affectionately known as the University Medal in honor of their 27-92-2 record even though they did actually manage to win a few games against every team except the Collingwood machine - especially Geelol and the Aints who they almost broke even with :) now that's embarrassing

The way this pole is going we won't even need to wait until Wed night, so let's get some suggestions for naming this glorious and highly sort-after award. Some previous mentions were:

:$ Jeff Kennett
:$ Eddie McGuire
:$ Kim Jong Gil McLachlan

which are all very valid... Or should it be a player:

:$ Kade Simpson, the losingsest player in the history of the league
:$ Kane Cornes, average player turned part time fireman and motormouthed shock jock
:$ This GWS player:

3b07ccde44afa158f4ab170c1855a2ed

Let's hear ya

A League GF, 26,000 people, Lol
Melbourne City, bigger Lol.

Valid criticisms but unfortunately the roundball code is not worthy of anything other than scorn and derison

Last edited:
Defo gonna close this early as one option has ~60% of the vote- so if you want to join the dogpile, the time is nigh

Then the award naming pole will go up so if you have suggestions, the time is nigh

In short the time is nigh people, so get on with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1686046878811.gif

Oh man that was brutal. zackah Dinsdale please dispose of what’s left of the bloody pulp of a poll immediately, I think I’m going to be sick!

B2B EOTW wins for Carlscum promote them into clear second on the leaderboard as we go into round 13. Have they got a 3peat in them? Losing to a Dopers team that struggled to beat lolnorf would certainly qualify.

Round 1: Failmantle for getting torched by the dwarf burners
Round 2: Lights out for the Dreamons at the Gabbatoir
Round 3: Geelol losing to Fold Coast
Round 4: Richmunt for their shittruck coach’s constant presser meltdowns
Round 5: Twent Cockchin of the Tuggers for going from sub to subbed out :$
Round 6: Dimma for sacrificing a T16ER rookie to avoid taking blame for another loss
Round 7: 16thmond for their 6.12 under the roof while going down to the Cold Goats
Round 8: Carltank for their fans’ 3/4 time exodus AND the AFL for orchestrating the ridiculous response to Buddy BOOgate
Round 9: Geelol for their Bay fans making an avalance of excuses before their humiliating loss to Bottom4mantle
Round 10: Wurst Coast for getting 116'd by the bottom of the ladder
Round 11: Carltank's Coleman's for 1.6ing what should be their last ever prime time game
Round 12: Carlolton for being so incredibly s**t they made the Dreamons look good

Leaderboard
after round 12:
Richmunted 4
Carlscum 3
Geelol 2

Hot tips for next week: Aints, loldogs, Brions and Tuggers look like good value

I believe Worst Coast are in such a diabolical shape they should be exempted from this award.

Realistically there is not one thing at the Club that is meritorious.

Otherwise they win it every week and wreck the fun of highlighting red faces at other Clubs.

I believe Worst Coast are in such a diabolical shape they should be exempted from this award.

Otherwise they win it every week and wreck the fun of highlighting red faces at other Clubs.
Oscar Allen is a shining light in an otherwise dark few years

Which means he will do his ACL this weekend

Correct your round 9 winner flog

First show me the round 9 pole which I didn't see because someone suspended me, because I'm certainly not taking your word on the results... and then I will direct you to the OP which explains that the EOTW award is for footy-related events

They've only won once so far, when they got 116'd by 18th 🤣

In other words, people know they're s**t and they have to lose in an exceptionally embarassing manner to get up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back