Votes in the paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Dirk

Rookie
Mar 31, 2010
In the District
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm wondering what you other blokes think of the votes in the paper that are supplied by both coaches of opposing teams.

I think it is a novel idea of the BMM to do it as it will sell more copies of the paper when all the lads buy it to see if they got votes the previous saturday. The only thing I have a problem with is how some coaches view the match and how they give out their votes. The 2 games I've been involved with this season has had me laughing about which players got votes and what players missed out on votes.

Makes me think that umpires are possibly the best people to give votes as they may tend to be a little less biased.

As a disclaimer I haven't raised this issue because I think I should have received votes in any way.

Jimmy the jumper

Debutant
Mar 26, 2008
albury
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm wondering what you other blokes think of the votes in the paper that are supplied by both coaches of opposing teams.

I think it is a novel idea of the BMM to do it as it will sell more copies of the paper when all the lads buy it to see if they got votes the previous saturday. The only thing I have a problem with is how some coaches view the match and how they give out their votes. The 2 games I've been involved with this season has had me laughing about which players got votes and what players missed out on votes.

Makes me think that umpires are possibly the best people to give votes as they may tend to be a little less biased.

As a disclaimer I haven't raised this issue because I think I should have received votes in any way.
Big Dirk, what 2 games have you been invovled with or watched, are you saying that someone in particular got votes and you think they should not have.

Big Dirk

Rookie
Mar 31, 2010
In the District
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big Dirk, what 2 games have you been invovled with or watched, are you saying that someone in particular got votes and you think they should not have.

This is far from the best site in the world for letting people find out your identity so I will be keeping it under wraps. But yes I have seen 2 blokes get votes that were handy at best performances and a BOG go un rewarded.
I don't care who wins or if it's a bit dodgy but it could be a interesting conversation tool.

2high

Debutant
Oct 6, 2008
darwin
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I see the saints coach is still giving all his votes to saints players even if they get beat by 20 goals. Dose he know how it works or is he a tosser

Run Straight

Team Captain
Dec 14, 2006
Thurgoona
AFL Club
Sydney
I see the saints coach is still giving all his votes to saints players even if they get beat by 20 goals. Dose he know how it works or is he a tosser

Memo came round to all clubs 1st May reiterating the voting procedure that votes are to be given to the best 5 players on the ground, not just from your own team, so I would think he would be clear on how it works. Interesting to see tomorrow's votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back