MVP Votes R14 vs Brisbane @ WO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
5 - Dylan Shiel: a great game for his 100th, very dynamic in the midfield battle
4 - Jon Patton: back to great form, clunking everything that came his way, & kicked well for his 4 goals - wonderful to see
3 - Jeremy Cameron: another influential game roaming the field, setting up goals, as well as kicking 4 himself
2 - Callan Ward: a solid inside game with equal team-high clearances
1 - Nathan Wilson: his influence on the game is so much greater than the raw stats - his big kicking is important to GWS

Edit: Just wanted to add - Sam Reid very hard done by in my allotment of points - he did a fantastic job on Zorko, while kicking 2 goals himself; but I just felt that Ward & Wilson contributed a touch more overall to the win - happy to admit I may be wrong & glad that others have rated Reid's game for points. Greene & Whitfield the other high performers for mine.

Last edited:
May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
5 - Shiel - talk about stepping it up. Great milestone game.
4 - Patton - a true power forward game. Lions may have played the General into form.
3 - Reid - credit for a great lockdown job on Zorko.
2 - Ward - the cat's head cracked in hard and helped turn around those clearance numbers.
1 - Wilson - one of the best kicks in AFL. Add to that pace and overhead marking...

HM - Cameron, Green, Williams...etc

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
5: Shiel - set the tone early in his 100th and solid throughout
4: Patton - dropped a few early then clunked everything after - big step up from recent weeks
3: Wilson - Penetration and accuracy
2: Reid - Dayne Zorko 5 possessions and 33 metres gained: nuff said: oh and 2 goals
1: Whitfield - best game since coming back.

Very unlucky not to get votes: Jezza, Toby and Ward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back