MVP Votes Rnd 19 v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a sad day when Zac Clarke was the clear best on ground for freo.
Also was one of the only players showing any heart and giving effort... auditioning for a role at Sydney perhaps? But jeez if only he could play like that more often.

How the F@#k is Mundy getting votes, he was cleaned up by the sydney mids, didn't see him chase once and never stepped out of third gear. Was a shocking performance from him today, needs to show some heart

?????

were you at the game? he didn't chase all day, it was so disappointing, we got absolutely killed on the spread because our players put on 0 pressure, seriously look at every time sydney got the ball forward today, it was a player waltzing out of a pack. A good midfield should not allow that, I watched on as Mundy consistently did nothing as swans players ran forward with or without the ball. Swans players ran harder to defend then we did to attack. Just thoroughly disappointed with today
Kennedy was the clear BOG and had half the tackles Mundy did.
Mundy had the ball 44 times - it's a lot harder to lay tackles when you've got the ball.
chasing and applying pressure is great, but if you're nowhere near it, you're just burning energy and not impacting the play. Walters was a good example of this today. part of the reason Sydney get the ball up their end so quickly is our players have overcommitted to unrealistic runs at the ball, leaving them offside, cooked, and with a paddock behind them.

as for Clarke being our BOG today... what are you smoking? he took a few marks and hit the ball to the ground a bunch of times. numerous times he absolutely gave up on the play and others he showed zero awareness of the players around him. i used to be a big wrap for ZC in his early years and thought he would come good as he learnt the game, but he just hasn't improved and, frankly, looks bored. his football IQ is below ordinary.

were you at the game? he didn't chase all day, it was so disappointing, we got absolutely killed on the spread because our players put on 0 pressure, seriously look at every time sydney got the ball forward today, it was a player waltzing out of a pack. A good midfield should not allow that, I watched on as Mundy consistently did nothing as swans players ran forward with or without the ball. Swans players ran harder to defend then we did to attack. Just thoroughly disappointed with today
Let's not derail the votes thread. People are entitled to vote for whoever they want. Watching the game I thought Mundy was our hardest worker and after checking the stats they also support that theory - he can't run 100% of the time. Apart from the general stats (disposals, clearances, tackles etc) he was also in our top 5 for intercepts, pressure acts and score involvements. His heat map is also ridiculous - he was everywhere! But you are entitled to a different opinion and not to vote for him.

5. Ibbotson
4. Silvagni
3. Langdon
2. Collins
1. Neale

BYB: Langdon

We all watch the game differently, but from where I sit Mundy was only ok. I really didn't notice him that much.

Votes not easy. Mundy was standout (thought even that not everybody seems to agree with), but after that it was a very even spread of good moments mixed with mediocrity. I'll go:

5. Mundy

3. Langdon - Though he wasn't in your face all the time, he bobbed up throughout and looked like a solid AFL player.

2. Ibbo - faded a fair bit, but for 2/3 of the game he seemed quite switched on. Not just marking, but making quicker decisions by foot and executing. Glad to see him in at least moderate form.

2. Croz - Was played in a few different roles. Thought he battled hard. Did some nice things.

2. SCOS - Such a competitor. He would have really helped us out as a backup through the last few years if fit. He gives his all and is more skilled than many think. Silvagni held up his end of the bargain on the day.

1. Neale - he got the ball, that's a good start.

BYB: Langdon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a tough game to watch and, as is usual with big losses, finding the better players is not always that easy. Having said that, it was nice to finally see Mundy return to something of his best and he was comfortably (though not unanimously) considered our better player on the day. Always good to see young guns do well and it was Langdon this week who impressed and was second followed closely by regular vote getter Neale who rounded out the top 3. Here are the numbers:

Rnd 19 vs Sydney
Score Name - Votes (Number of People who Voted)

7 David Mundy - 91 (22)
6 Ed Langdon - 48 (20)
5 Lachie Neale - 44 (16)
4 Hayden Crozier - 37 (17)
3 Sam Collins - 29 (13)
2 Garrick Ibbotson - 19 (8)
1 Alex Silvagni - 18 (10)
1 Matthew Pavlich - 15 (10)
- Chris Mayne - 6 (4)
- Zac Clarke - 5 (3)
- Shane Yarran - 3 (2)
- Stephen Hill - 3 (1)
- Lachie Weller - 2 (1)
- Tom Sheridan - 1 (1)

25 voters participated

BYB:
Langdon - 17
Collins - 2
Weller - 1

The results and standings thread has been updated with latest results.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back