MVP Votes Rnd 5 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Barlow: still made a few errors but inside work and 14 tackles were impressive.
4. Walters: Worked his backside off and skills/goal kicking are good.
3. Grey: Set the tone early and was our best in the first half. Went at 80% plus efficiency.
2. Neale: Racked it up but errors were costly.
1. Weller: Gave multiple efforts and always chases and tackles. With more confidence will average 20+ touches and a goal or two a game.

BYB: Grey although all 3 were in our best ten and didn't make costly mistakes like most of the others.

People voting for Barlow just proving they only look at numbers.

5. -
4. -
3. Hill
2. Johnson
1. Walters
What crap. Only mid to step up after Fyfe went down. Good disposal, 13 or 14 tackles. Neale was the one who had a shocker. 2 tackles, endless turnovers and even gave up on the chase/contest twice. I recommend you watch a replay as you are well off the mark.
5.Hay
5.Farmer
5.Wallace

People voting for Barlow just proving they only look at numbers.

5. -
4. -
3. Hill
2. Johnson
1. Walters

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Neale .L
4. Barlow .M
3. Walters .M
2. Spurr. L
1. Weller .L

BYB. Weller .L

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Barlow was ok today. Definitely one of our better players (not that that's hard)

3. Walters
3. Barlow
3. Grey
3. Weller
1. Hill
1. Neale
1. Tucker

BYB Grey
This for me.

Barlow was ok today. Definitely one of our better players (not that that's hard)

3. Walters
3. Barlow
3. Grey
3. Weller
1. Hill
1. Neale
1. Tucker

BYB Grey
Yeh that'll do me too.. dont know if i can sit through a replay if that again for a closer look

Always hard to do voting for these games, even after sitting through a replay. I reckon our best were something like this:

4 - Walters - silk is silk, even if it comes and goes during the game.
3 - Barlow - Without him we would have been smashed. He had 32 touches and given the team form, it's going to go wrong occasionally with that much ball. But playing more as a pure mid with Fyfe down, he was good.
3 - MJ - we seemed to work out how to use him more as the game went on and it made a big difference.
1 - Spurr - best game of the season from a player that has been down on form.
1 - Neale - was terrible in some ways, but he won the ball lots and was good in the early stages especially. His ability to stay in the game is worth a vote for mine.
1 - Hill - He takes a while to get into the game, and fades here and there, but when he gets going good things happen. Needed to nail those goals though.
1 - AP - was outstanding for his role I thought.
1 - Pav - Was very active. His second efforts and attack on the man was the best I've seen from him in years, helped create a couple of goals, but 3 behinds, one of those from about 5 meters ... I'll squeeze him in for a vote, but only just.

BYB - Grey

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always hard to pick the better players in a losing side. Well done to the voters for taking a shot at it. Walters continues his upward form and, though not unanimous, was our top vote getter followed closely by Barlow who gave his all, stepping up particularly when Fyfe went down. The rest of the numbers went like this:

Rnd 5 vs Carlton
Score Name - Votes (Number of People who Voted)

7 Michael Walters - 86 (28)
6 Michael Barlow - 75 (23)
5 Stephen Hill - 49 (20)
4 Brady Grey - 47 (19)
3 Lachie Neale - 38 (15)
2 Michael Johnson - 23 (14)
1 Lachie Weller - 21 (9)
1 Lee Spurr - 12 (8)
1 Alex Pearce - 11 (5)
- Darcy Tucker - 8 (6)
- Cameron Sutcliffe - 4 (3)
- Chris Mayne - 3 (2)
- Matthew Pavlich - 3 (2)
- Jonathon Griffin - 2 (1)
- Hayden Crozier - 1 (1)
- Zac Dawson - 1 (1)
- Thomas Sheridan - 1 (1)
- Nat Fyfe - 1 (1)

31 voters participated

BYB:
1. Grey - 19
2. Weller - 1
3. Tucker - 1

The results and standings thread has full details and has been updated with latest results.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back