MVP Votes Rnd 7 v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Griff
4. A Pearce
3. Hill
2. D Pearce
1. Mayne
Lachie N unlucky but still needs more than 1 tackle in a game.

5 Hill - lots of good run and carry from half back. Freo looks to be alternating this role between Hill and Mundy.
4 Griffen - battled manfully against man mountain Mummy
3 A.Pearce - keeping Cameron to 1 goal (which was a cheapy anyway) is a solid effort.
2 D.Pearce - Best game of the year
1 Mayne - 3 goals is hard to ignore

Gone through a replay, bit frustrating watching how inconsistent we are over 4 quarters. Anyway, votes:

4 - Neale - I know his kicking is a bit off, but bloody hell, so was half the teams at one point including noted elite kickers. The fact is he gave us LOTS of ball to work with and was quick and decisive with his touches.
3 - DPearce - Very good I thought. Kicked a clutch goal, great effort and clean with the ball. Lots of I50s that seemed to have a purpose.
3 - Hill - I think I've said this every game this season, not quite 100%, but when he's on he's on.
2 - Mayne - 'in the game' and converting most his chances. Can't ask for much more really.
1 - AP - great on Cameron
1 - Walters - don't know how to rate his game. Fantastic on the one hand, but 3-4 important kicks for goal that by his standards just have to go through. Maybe the work rate of pushing up the ground is showing. Did lots of good things though, still a good game.
1 - Griff - massive effort against very good ruck combo.

Others:
- Mundy was better than I thought. Just really lacking his usual polish and I think match fitness really is an issue. Just can't seem to stay in the game for long periods
- Balla had a good night out.
- Barlow was solid, needed to get more of it for mine, otherwise OK.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting voting this week, one of the more even spreads of votes I've seen. I think its indicative of the lack of consistency of our players, even our better ones. Anyway, the numbers fell this way. Congrats to Griff who, after a rather indifferent season so far, stormed through to top our voting:

Rnd 7 vs GWS
Score Name - Votes (Number of People who Voted)

7 Jonathon Griffin - 104 (30)
6 Stephen Hill - 86 (28)
5 Lachie Neale - 82 (26)
4 Alex Pearce - 81 (30)
3 Danyle Pearce - 55 (20)
2 Michael Walters - 19 (9)
1 Chris Mayne - 17 (11)
- Nick Suban - 9 (4)
- Lachie Weller - 6 (3)
- Hayden Ballantyne - 4 (3)
- Matthew Taberner - 3 (1)
- Zac Dawson - 2 (2)
- Michael Barlow - 1 (1)
- David Mundy - 1 (1)
- Ethan Hughes - 1 (1)

32 voters participated

BYB:
Hughes - 5
Weller - 4

The results and standings thread has been updated with latest results.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back