MVP Votes Rnd 7 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
Im 15 mins into the third watching this game and the points for walters and hill astound me. Lachie Neale has been immense.

Walters didnt get much of the ball but done some good things, wasnt top 5 for mine. BHill OTOH was BOG, his link play was just brilliant. That could have been the best game of his career. That being said, LachieN was fantastic and his work inside was second to none. He has grown to love playing The Bombers.

5. BHill
4. Neale
3. Tabener (Its games like this that makes me so frustrated when he plays like trash because we know what he is capable of, very good game).
2. Blakley (his two-way running has killed his opponent all year. Merrett let him do whatever he liked running forward and Connor tore him going forward).
1. Fyfe (just goes about business like he isnt the best player in the game, looks to me like he has still more to offer so they should all be very scared).

cp3_jr

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
5. Neale - Four quarters and was tremendous in the trenches
4. Taberner - huge game and could easily be the bog
3. Hill - didn't do much in the first half but superior running stood out
2. Blakely - Growing with each game and his skills have been good
1. Kersten - Fantastic game and could be rated higher probably. Consistent over four quarters.

BYB: Grey

Yato

Senior List
Mar 27, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
5. Neale
4. Tabs
3. B.Hill
2. Kersten
1. Blakely

Tabs unlucky not to best - he brought in so many other players with his crashing packs and contested marking.

Geez there's some tough taskmasters out there giving Hill no votes. Just read he had 874m gained!!!! to go with his 30+ possessions and 16 marks. To put it in perspective, Lachie Neale had a great game and gained 172m.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just changed mine to give him votes after watching the replay. Leaving the game I thought despite all the ball his disposal was appalling but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tab- 5
Blakely -4
B.hill - 3
Neale 2
Walters - 1

bYB- balic

Hamling the best playing at the back line .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
4. Neale - 4 quarter effort is the key as to why I think Neale was BOG.
3. BHill - Then it was the finishing power of Hill that broke the game open.
2. Tabs - What a difference some marking power makes in a game. Allows you to control the play so much.
2. Blakely - Loved his game. Such a feel for the pace of AFL and getting cleaner all the time with his hands. Does a job both ways. Fantastic!!

After that I'll give the rest to the regular midfielders that were important to controlling the game:
1. Walters
1. Fyfe
1. Mundy

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Well done to Brad Hill who topped our voting for the first time since joining Freo this year. It was fairly close top 3 though with Neale and the pleasantly surprising Tabs rounding out the top players. Here's how the numbers fell:

Rnd 7 vs Essendon
Score Name - Votes (Number of People who Voted)

7 Bradley Hill - 241 (61)
6 Lachie Neale - 224 (61)
5 Matthew Taberner - 221 (62)
4 Connor Blakely - 116 (54)
3 Michael Walters - 41 (29)
2 Shane Kersten - 35 (29)
1 Nat Fyfe - 26 (20)
- David Mundy - 9 (7)
- Aaron Sandilands - 7 (6)
- Joel Hamling - 3 (3)
- Lachie Weller - 2 (1)
- Cameron McCarthy - 1 (1)

BYB:
Balic - 15
Grey - 10

62 voters participated

The results and standings thread has been updated with latest results.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back