MVP Votes Round 5 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. I was sitting behind the goals and he saved us plenty of times with spoils, marks and defensive pressure. Clearly one of our best
Talented player, absolutely agree. Just pointing out the double standards on here.

Incredible how some people see things eh ? Barrass was terrible. He is a young man and is so S l o w. He isn't going to get any quicker. With the game all about speed, he will be obsolete before he even makes it. The mistakes he made today, if that was Emac, most of you would have wanted him shot ! But apparently he gets votes ? You lot are as bad as our players are soft.

Talented player, absolutely agree. Just pointing out the double standards on here.

Does not compute.

Does not compute.
I was being a touch intentionally inflammatory . No doubt he is being groomed to be our #1 defender for years to come ,But his lack of pace does concern me for a young player. The way the game is being played I think my concern is justified. That said, he is obviously a quality mark and reader of the play. Not a bad kick either.

I was being a touch intentionally inflammatory . No doubt he is being groomed to be our #1 defender for years to come ,But his lack of pace does concern me for a young player. The way the game is being played I think my concern is justified. That said, he is obviously a quality mark and reader of the play. Not a bad kick either.
Ball speed > foot speed. If he reads the play well enough to spoil a contest of cause a turnover, and moves it quickly and ccurately when he does have it any lack of foot speed won't matter.

I thought it rather telling that when Barrass had that mad scramble in the goal square trying to force the behind, missed the ball and Sicily (?) soccered it through - Nelson was the one that went to him, gave him a pat on the back and a hand up.

Captain Hurn, Butler, Shepp...none of our seasoned players gave a s**t at all. The saddest part is in another season or two the old guard will have taught these younger guys to not give a toss for the jumper or their team-mates.

Give me a key defender who can read the play over one who relies on their pace any day of the week. As they say, the first 5m is in the head.

With the benefit of some time. I've been able to piece together a janky looking 'best' five.

5. Nelson. Kids on the up and finding his groove. Funny what happens when you give a kid consecutive games.
4. Shuey. Wasn't his best game by any stretch. But was one of the few that tried to work themselves into the game. Effort matters.
3. Darling. Kicked 4 despite being burned a couple times going I50. The sorta performance he should be giving week in and week out.
2. Duggan. Not for his skills, but his effort was there. Needs more game time.
1. Barrass. Because Barrass.

5. Shuey
4. Nelson
3. McGovern
4. Darling.
5. Barrass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Shuey
4 Nelson
3 Barrass
2 Darling
1 Cripps

Hawthorn should do similar. We had plenty of players contributing to their win.
The worst thing about it is hawthorn were s**t. Absolute s**t. If i were a hawthorn fan id be almost as upset at that game as we are - it was awful cringeworthy football.

Thing is - we lost to a team playing absolute crapola.

5. Masten
4. Darling
3. Nelson
2. McGovern
1. Shuey

We really got shown up on how important it is to play both ways and stick tackles - Gaff, Lecras were too often not sticking tackles and corralling instead tackling.

5. Masten
4. Darling
3. Nelson
2. McGovern
1. Shuey

We really got shown up on how important it is to play both ways and stick tackles - Gaff, Lecras were too often not sticking tackles and corralling instead tackling.
Masten our BOG followed by criticism of players not sticking tackles o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back