AFL Club
West Coast
5. Yeo
4. Kennedy
3. Cripps
2. Shuey
1. Ryan

DHM:

Hurn - is you refuse to reward the first option and hard running of your team mates up the field you can GTFO. Multiple turnovers generated from his poor decision making and not respecting the efforts of our wingers and half forwards. Could have opened up Melbourne half a dozen times but for his efforts. Boxed us in all night.

Allen - back to the WAFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was probably only one kick off the top of my head that he went backwards when he should have gone forwards.

Had him top 3 for sure.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Was probably only one kick off the top of my head that he went backwards when he should have gone forwards.

Had him top 3 for sure.
I think Hurn was very slow in his decision making and did not honour earlier leads meaning he caused the slow build up,

I had Hurn in my top 5 but he needs to back in earlier options as it kills momentum

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
5. Yeo
4. Apart from a Yeo - JK
3. Apart from Yeo - Hurn
2. McGovern
1. Ryan

Loved the impact of Rioli, Petruccelle (the only Jack to earn his selection), Sheppard and Sheed.

Oscar looked like he had no idea in defence.
Redden cost us 3 goals in his night of fumbles.
Darling is out of form.
Vardy wouldn’t know about a Mark even if he was standing between Matthew and Luke.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Hurn was very slow in his decision making and did not honour earlier leads meaning he caused the slow build up,

I had Hurn in my top 5 but he needs to back in earlier options as it kills momentum

He's not the only one, going off recent weeks.
It is clearly direction from the coaching staff so I predominantly lay the blame on them.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

That's fair but a DHM is a bit strong. His last quarter he was insanely good. He hit some very attacking kicks tonight as well and would have gained a lot of ground for us despite a few shorter options being taken at other times.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hurn also made some great split second decisions last night (and this season in general).

Hitting someone lace out 40 meters away (with no time to think about it) is a special talent.

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
5. Yeo
4. Kennedy
3. Cripps
2. Shuey
1. Ryan

DHM:

Hurn - is you refuse to reward the first option and hard running of your team mates up the field you can GTFO. Multiple turnovers generated from his poor decision making and not respecting the efforts of our wingers and half forwards. Could have opened up Melbourne half a dozen times but for his efforts. Boxed us in all night.

Allen - back to the WAFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that’s interesting. Haven’t watched the game but all posters and the
Media are praising his game

Shifty1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
5. Yeo - Was an absolute beast last night. Please keep this up.
4. Hurn - Didn't like a couple of his decisions tonight but was still our best defender and big in the last qtr.
3. Gov - Big last qtr also.
2. Kennedy - 4 goals to the champ.
1. Toss up between Shuey and Cripps...i'll give this one to Crippa.

HM: Shuey, Ryan, Rioli, Cole, Sheed

Duggan and Cole had better games which was good. Allen playing his first game as a key back did ok.

DM: Vardy, Redden, Darling....all putrid. I don't think anyone will be dropped however. We'll just keep backing them in (which i'd do with Redden either way).

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
That's fair but a DHM is a bit strong. His last quarter he was insanely good. He hit some very attacking kicks tonight as well and would have gained a lot of ground for us despite a few shorter options being taken at other times.
I didn’t think it was a DHM as per Easternrangers but it was poor judgement at times. Is it Hurn setting the example as captain or is it team tactics?

JK had a couple of easy options in the centre square and ignored the leads. If he is worried Vardy cannot mark, then address at MC.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn’t think it was a DHM as per Easternrangers but it was poor judgement at times. Is it Hurn setting the example as captain or is it team tactics?

JK had a couple of easy options in the centre square and ignored the leads. If he is worried Vardy cannot mark, then address at MC.
Probably not the thread for it but it was horrible play by JK when Petrucelle created a play then ran on, JK didn't even look to one whole side of the ground. Petruccelle was eventually covered but again he had Sheed and Duggan (i think) free on that side of the ground with an open shot from 50m on the run if he even once looked.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
5. Yeo
4. Kennedy
3. Shuey
2. Ryan
1. Mcgovern

HM. Cripps, Sheed.

Hurns stats ridiculously impressive. However how he slowed down almost all of our plays for the first 3 quarters i feel outdid the positives he made for us with a couple of big intercepts and spoils in the last. Cannot fault his effort, work ethic or skills but for someone with such ridiculously good skills and the ability to make the amazing kicks he held us up time and time and time again. I'm definitely being a hard marker here but his disposal stats being way up is purely due to the rule changes from last year to this year and I actually think over the course of last year he was much better for us.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
5. Hurn - the Sherman tank is in full beast mode.
4. Yeo - no surprise when he stars we win.
3. Shuey - couple goals saw him just ahead of Sheed
2. Sheed - love seeing this guy dominate the comp
1. Gov - was brilliant, intercepting and getting a fist in all the time.

HM Kennedy, Cripps and Ryan.

Awesome to see Willie back

Dec 6, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Clearly Yeo by an absolute mile. Hurn probably second because of his stats but his unwillingness to use his kick as a genuine offensive weapon when their are options available to do so is annoying at times (he plays safe which limits his damage too much at present IMO).

I’m unsure if those giving him the 5 ahead of Yeo are just going off stats or they are new to watching footy? :p

5. Yeo
4. Hurn
3. Shuey
2. Kennedy
1. Ryan (but really a few could have taken the last couple of spots)

Back