Votes v Adelaide round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Shuey - Out and out solidified himself as a premier mid and should be AA
4. Gaff - loved his game since he's spent more time on the ball
3. Barrass - loved how he's getting some love.
2. Sheed - when he has the ball in hand, its like a mix between priddis and pendles how time slows down.
1. Kennedy - B2B

HM: Giles, Lycett, Masten, Wellingham, Sheppard, Butler & McGovern
DM: E. Yeo - If we had one more week before finals I'd give him the Stringer treatment. He's been pathetic all year. Time to stop drinking his bath water. We need him to lift if we're a chance. I've never been so disappointed in a player.

5 Barrass
4JJk
3 Shuey
2gaff
1 priddis.

I liked gaffs game but i thought shuey had more impact than gaff. Gaff was overating just above 50% DE at one point. Good game game but IMO not BOG.

It's damn hard to pick only 5 tonight

5: Shuey
4: Barrass
3: Gaffy
2: JK
1: Sheed

but so many deserved votes too, Priddis, Giles, Sheppard, Gov etc...

Good game from the majority of the lads tonight.

Gaff
Barrass
Priddis
Sheed
Giles

5: Bare Ass
4: Gaff
3: Giles
2: Shuey
1: Kennedy

Also very good: McGovern, Darling's second half, Sheed, Priddis (mainly second half), Sheppard

Bad: Yeo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 - Shuey is so very clever, continuing his great season...that purple patch in the second quarter :eek:
4 - Kennedy is a champ; ran Talia around and finished with aplomb...those accurate kicks from the arc were delicious
3 - Gaff career high disposal count and just kept running, getting his kicking efficiency back up
2 - Barrass growing in confidence, reads the play like Gov...can't ask for much more except for the Rising Star nomination :D
1 - Giles competed very well

HM - Priddis getting back into fine form, along with Hurn (continuing with the cm perfect 60m kicks-in), Gov doing what he does.
DM - Yeo just needs to get more involved. Largely ineffective and cost a goal with that turnover. We need his contested marking prowess to return for the finals.

Just saying.

Let's say you pay off an AFL side to throw a game. You know, cos it's not like there are 40,000 soccer games the agencies offer every day that no one cares about which are easier money, but let's say, cos we're having fun here...

...You've decided to pay off an AFL team. To reach a critical mass of underperforming players you probably need at least 4 stars to completely not try. They're on about 5,000 a match or whatever, so considering what's at stake for them (their entire career) you need to offer a couple of hundred grand per person. Then they all need to accept it without dobbing about the approach from the bookies. Unlikely but let's keep going.

So you've got a few guys in your pocket, then you factor in that it's a game with 22 players on the team and 18 on the field at a time so even having 4 or so in your pocket isn't a guarantee. Let's just say to get enough guys in your pocket you spent a million. You probably need about $10m turnover just to make it worth it.

I used to work for a bookie. Aint many of them who could do $10m turnover if they tried, and those who have licences - say all of those operating in Australia, who do the most turnover - would never take the risk.

Haha what? Surely this isn't a thing? Just a running joke?

5. Shuey - Out and out solidified himself as a premier mid and should be AA
4. Gaff - loved his game since he's spent more time on the ball
3. Barrass - loved how he's getting some love.
2. Sheed - when he has the ball in hand, its like a mix between priddis and pendles how time slows down.
1. Kennedy - B2B

HM: Giles, Lycett, Masten, Wellingham, Sheppard, Butler & McGovern
DM: E. Yeo - If we had one more week before finals I'd give him the Stringer treatment. He's been pathetic all year. Time to stop drinking his bath water. We need him to lift if we're a chance. I've never been so disappointed in a player.

I think you might be forgetting a certain midfield gun ;)

There's so many guys I want to give 5 votes to.

5. Gaff
4. Sheed

I should probably vote other guys higher than these 3 for total game impact, but I loved the things they did.

3. Barrass
2. Sheppard
1. Giles

Sorry: JJK, Turbo, Boots, Priddis, Wellinghammer
Also sorry: everyone else except Yeo, who has stunk it up 2 weeks in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back