MVP Votes v Cats 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

As a neutral who watched the whole game, I thought Oliver was your best player, surprised you guys are arguing over it. Oliver or Brayshaw for me. Trac and Viney were not bad either but behind Brayshaw/Oliver.

As a neutral who watched the whole game, I thought Oliver was your best player, surprised you guys are arguing over it. Oliver or Brayshaw for me. Trac and Viney were not bad either but behind Brayshaw/Oliver.
Kinda gets tiring blaming the coach. Clarry been a gun for going on 4 years now. Continually shows up the best oppo mids. Big fan of Parfitt and Duncan, but those two cannot touch Oliver at all inside.

Think people are making an issue out of nothing with his kicking too. Ofc it could be better but in general play its fine, and generally from centre clearances you're just going for territory so long bombs there don't hurt as much as long as they don't clearly go to the opposition in an acre of space. Fundamentally the kicking is fine too; keeps it low and hard.

Last year as a team we bombed it too long; but last year we literally had no width. Half the time the winger was a forward like ANB/Lockhart/Dunkley/Wagner or like Brayshaw. This year we've got Langdon and Tomlinson holding width.

Its pretty clear for example that Viney is a fine kick too. He's not great, but his kicking is more than fine in general play, and today he even weighted some kicks pretty nicely to advantage that the forwards couldn't capitalise on. I think as long as the whole team is actually presenting for each other, we don't have any liabilities with ball in hand, although Langdon running at full pelt is a bit of a butcher.

Some of the riskier kicks today didn't fully come off but there aren't many sides that have 22 guys hitting up corridor kicks 100% of the time. Actually like how when we see someone free in the corridor we aren't afraid of trying to hit them up.

And the 2020 Round 4 results are in:
23 votes/8 - Angus Brayshaw
17 votes/6 - Clayton Oliver
12 votes/8 - Michael Hibberd
12 votes/7 - Steven May
9 votes/7 - Christian Petracca
------------------------------------
7 votes/5 - Mitch Hannan
6 votes/5 - Max Gawn
6 votes/3 - Jack Viney
4 votes/4 - Joel Smith
3 votes/3 - Jake Lever