Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I saw it similar, although I had Viney instead of Trac. Felt like Viney really set the tone all day - he was so aggressive around the ball (12 mf'ing tackles! to go with 8 clearances). Easily could have found some votes for Trac, but I went with the symmetry of 4 votes each to match our 4 nil start
Yep I just realised you didn't give 4 votes to nobody after reading this. Fair dinkum 🤦

Viney was amazing all day.

I get the Lever love and do enjoy his work. Having said that, when you're playing as a roaming loose man for a lot of it you should have an influence on the game.

Too bad you can't fit 7 players into the Top 5 without a dead-on tie.

Round 4 v Cats, 2021 results:
67 votes/28 - Jake Lever
63 votes/26 - Christian Petracca
45 votes/27 - Ed Langdon
39 votes/26 - Clayton Oliver
39 votes/25 - Jack Viney
------------------------------------
38 votes/23 - Max Gawn
31 votes/22 - Bayley Fritsch
14 votes/12 - Christian Salem
7 votes/7 - Charlie Spargo
7 votes/6 - Adam Tomlinson
4 votes/4 - Jayden Hunt
2 votes/2 - Kysaiah Pickett
1 votes/1 - Angus Brayshaw
1 votes/1 - Tom Sparrow
1 votes/1 - Tom McDonald
1 votes/1 - Luke Jackson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you see Vineys votes compared to Tomlinson lol

Viney was an absolute beast on the weekend imo.

Tomo did fine but he didn't exactly shut Hawkins down on his lonesome. Our midfield dominance was as big of a part in it as any.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Viney was an absolute beast on the weekend imo.

Tomo did fine but he didn't exactly shut Hawkins down on his lonesome. Our midfield dominance was as big of a part in it as any.
4x as many votes though, Tommo steps in to cover May and does a very good job. Viney did what Viney does if that makes sense. Not saying Tommo was best on but that big of a gap is a bit stiff imo.

Maybe I Didnt appreciate Vines game enough, I'm used to us only having 2 good players a game the last few years.

4x as many votes though, Tommo steps in to cover May and does a very good job. Viney did what Viney does if that makes sense. Not saying Tommo was best on but that big of a gap is a bit stiff imo.

Maybe I Didnt appreciate Vines game enough, I'm used to us only having 2 good players a game the last few years.

I usually don't rate Viney's game anywhere near as high as a lot of people do on here. But for some reason I thought he was fantastic this week.

Supply and demand for Hawkins, don't think his side did him any favours so couldn't really rate Tomos game either way or than to say he was fine.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I usually don't rate Viney's game anywhere near as high as a lot of people do on here. But for some reason I thought he was fantastic this week.

Supply and demand for Hawkins, don't think his side did him any favours so couldn't really rate Tomos game either way or than to say he was fine.
12 tackles. Although with Viney you wonder if he ever actually plays well or just runs around like a maniac and sometimes other blokes run into him and get tackled

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
12 tackles. Although with Viney you wonder if he ever actually plays well or just runs around like a maniac and sometimes other blokes run into him and get tackled
Add 8 clearances to that as well. Sure, he was a bull in a china shop like always, but this game it seemed to always be the right spot at the right time.
He was either first to the ball, or right on the Geelong mid that was so often that they couldn't get their stoppage game going.
Saying all that though, Tomlinson played a really important role and did it well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back