MVP Votes v Collingwood - Round 13, 2021

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did I watch the right game?

Gawn won the hit outs, had 20 touches (13 kicks), a goal and 5 tackles - incredible ruck work.

I had him as best on for us, due mostly to the 8 marks that he clunked around the ground though.

I can say I was happier with Jackson’s game because it was another step up for him (and Gawn does this often) but was I really that far off the mark Topkent?

Gawn won the hit outs, had 20 touches (13 kicks), a goal and 5 tackles - incredible ruck work.

I had him as best on for us, due mostly to the 8 marks that he clunked around the ground though.

I can say I was happier with Jackson’s game because it was another step up for him (and Gawn does this often) but was I really that far off the mark Topkent?
Gawn had some good marks but didn't do much with his taps in the middle. The kids were off too, but it was another case of him getting the hitouts but rarely leading to a clearance for us. And against scrubbers like Lynch and Cameron I'd expect more.
His kicks aren't much chop either, tbh I'd rather he have 13 handballs to Salem etc than his loopy balls.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Gawns ruck work was horrible especially in the first half mate and his direct opponent's had massive influences on the result. We badly lost some centre clearances he was in. Jackson immediately neutralized that part and even won some of his own. Ignore the stats, Gawn was poor

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawn had some good marks but didn't do much with his taps in the middle. The kids were off too, but it was another case of him getting the hitouts but rarely leading to a clearance for us. And against scrubbers like Lynch and Cameron I'd expect more.
His kicks aren't much chop either, tbh I'd rather he have 13 handballs to Salem etc than his loopy balls.

Fair enough. Definitely noticed his I hit outs to advantage weren’t at their best (an area he has surprisingly struggled with this year compared to others), but his kicking looked pretty good to me yesteday.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawns ruck work was horrible especially in the first half mate and his direct opponent's had massive influences on the result. We badly lost some centre clearances he was in. Jackson immediately neutralized that part and even won some of his own. Ignore the stats, Gawn was poor

Hear you on the tap work, but I’d allocate some of that responsibility to the mids roving to him.

Jackson was bloody sensational when it came to ruck then second efforts.

When Jackson starts clunking the marks that Gawn does - we will have a star!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hear you on the tap work, but I’d allocate some of that responsibility to the mids roving to him.

Jackson was bloody sensational when it came to ruck then second efforts.

When Jackson starts clunking the marks that Gawn does - we will have a star!
Jackson's a freak, I've never seen a better second year ruck. He's Natanui but he can actually play footy.

Jackson has the potential to be a totally dominant player and I can’t even describe how, he just does everything. Will tear some games apart without doing anything obvious on the stat sheet

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Round 13 votes:
5 Jackson
4 Salem
1 Spargo
1 May
1 Jordon

Personal totals:
22 Lever (7)
16 Oliver (6)
15 Petracca (7)
15 Salem (7)
15 Pickett (6)
12 May (4)
11 Gawn (6)
9 McDonald (3)
9 Jackson (3)
6 Langdon (5)
4 Spargo (3)
3 Neal-Bullen (2)
3 Tomlinson (2)
3 Harmes (2)
3 Fritsch (1)
2 Hibberd (2)
2 Rivers (2)
2 Jordon (2)
2 Hunt (1)
1 Viney (1)
1 Brayshaw (1)

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks Bruce

17061435-7898-4EC5-848C-76AD2E326039.gif

Well, my veil of negativity came back with a vengeance this week. Lid is on tighter than a pickle jar.

Round 13 v Collingwood, 2021 results:
110 votes/20 - Luke Jackson
54 votes/15 - Christian Salem
20 votes/8 - Steven May
17 votes/7 - James Jordon
11 votes/5 - Charlie Spargo
-------------
8 votes/3 - Max Gawn
5 votes/3 - Jayden Hunt
2 votes/2 - Christian Petracca
2 votes/1 - Jake Lever

Back