1 - viney

3 Langdon (for hitting the scoreboard)
2 Oliver
2 Brayshaw
1 Trac
1 May
1 Spargo
1 AVB
1 Salem (Been playing better than most give him credit for)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Langdon.
2. Oliver
2. May
1. Wiederman
1. Trac
1. Spargo
1. Pruess
1. Brayshaw
1. Jones

Very even team performance .

2 - Oliver
2 - Brayshaw
2 - Petracca
1 - Langdon
1 - Spargo
1 - May
1 - Pruess
1 - Weid
1 - Salem

Because of how little people vote in this, and the fact that Chunk, as not-washed as he looks, was not near the best and thereby doesn't deserve votes:
-12 Chunk
2 Spargo
2 Clarry
2 Gussy
2 Trac
2 May
2 Langdon

Voting just got super serious...and tend to agree.

Perhaps we need to come up with a board roster for the -12 vote against TheBoss ?

Voting just got super serious...and tend to agree.

Perhaps we need to come up with a board roster for the -12 vote against TheBoss ?
Well regardless of whether its a BnF or simply like the Brownlow where the best/most impactful players on the day get rewarded; there's no world where Chunk gets votes.

His ball use was just...Chunk. It was fine. It wasn't good, it wasn't horrible like it was in 2019.

He's currently just taking up a spot that someone else could do; Tomlinson would've been top 5 in the BnF after 5 rounds, we could shift Salo up and Nev/Riv could come back in given neither of them have been bad at all this season. Well really if Hannan is fit he comes straight in and Harmesy or Melksham shifts up.

Maybe its PTSD from last year but I just don't get the idea of picking someone who is poor 1 on 1 for that kind of wing/flanker role, especially when they don't bring anything else to the table either. Give me Hunt who pressures better and gives you something around goal, give me Hannan and his silky skills, I'll take Harley in and around the footy too. What does Chunk give us there? The clearest weak link in the side currently IMO.

Now, I'm not saying to drop him, but I'm very disappointed in how he's adapted his game. I know he's never been a great kick or leader, but I would've thought after you play 290 games you'd at least give us on-field leadership, composure and at least some really good defensive positioning or something.

I'm probably being pretty unfair on him and its always hard to analyse AFL games from the TV(Langdon and Tomlinson in particular lose out here) but I'm not sure what he brings apart from being a hard nut; but in his position, there are surely better options for us going forward.

Vanders is simply a lot better than Chunk at doing what Chunk is supposed to do. I don't think Sparrow is best 22 on merit but there's upside there.

Well regardless of whether its a BnF or simply like the Brownlow where the best/most impactful players on the day get rewarded; there's no world where Chunk gets votes.

His ball use was just...Chunk. It was fine. It wasn't good, it wasn't horrible like it was in 2019.

He's currently just taking up a spot that someone else could do; Tomlinson would've been top 5 in the BnF after 5 rounds, we could shift Salo up and Nev/Riv could come back in given neither of them have been bad at all this season. Well really if Hannan is fit he comes straight in and Harmesy or Melksham shifts up.

Maybe its PTSD from last year but I just don't get the idea of picking someone who is poor 1 on 1 for that kind of wing/flanker role, especially when they don't bring anything else to the table either. Give me Hunt who pressures better and gives you something around goal, give me Hannan and his silky skills, I'll take Harley in and around the footy too. What does Chunk give us there? The clearest weak link in the side currently IMO.

Now, I'm not saying to drop him, but I'm very disappointed in how he's adapted his game. I know he's never been a great kick or leader, but I would've thought after you play 290 games you'd at least give us on-field leadership, composure and at least some really good defensive positioning or something.

I'm probably being pretty unfair on him and its always hard to analyse AFL games from the TV(Langdon and Tomlinson in particular lose out here) but I'm not sure what he brings apart from being a hard nut; but in his position, there are surely better options for us going forward.

Vanders is simply a lot better than Chunk at doing what Chunk is supposed to do. I don't think Sparrow is best 22 on merit but there's upside there.

I don't think there is a wrong and right with voting, everyone entitled to have their say. I just think the way that TheBoss does his is the issue. Rarely are there 12 vote games. And he hands them out every week skewing the voting, it's taking the piss somewhat.

FootyGuy13 has put some tremendous work into the award this season. Feel it deserves to be respected a bit more than just a laugh.

We don't have to agree on who deserves votes but the 12 voters on a weekly basis have got to stop.

Because of how little people vote in this, and the fact that Chunk, as not-washed as he looks, was not near the best and thereby doesn't deserve votes:
-12 Chunk
2 Spargo
2 Clarry
2 Gussy
2 Trac
2 May
2 Langdon

Read the OP: "12 votes anyway you like."

Not 24.

We win more often than not with Jones in the side.

I don't think there is a wrong and right with voting, everyone entitled to have their say. I just think the way that TheBoss does his is the issue. Rarely are there 12 vote games. And he hands them out every week skewing the voting, it's taking the piss somewhat.

FootyGuy13 has put some tremendous work into the award this season. Feel it deserves to be respected a bit more than just a laugh.

We don't have to agree on who deserves votes but the 12 voters on a weekly basis have got to stop.

OP says 12 votes anyway the user likes. Not 12 votes in a form that is acceptable to A11dAtP0w3R

Remove this Banner Ad

Back