MVP Votes v Giants - Round 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I almost gave Lever a vote, but I couldn’t get past that howler.
Me either. Was a slowmo car crash watching it, had other much safer options. I know bombing down the line is frowned upon these days, but with Gawn up like last night a stoppage is a win for us really.
Then again, I like that he tries something a bit risky to try and give a better attacking option. Just needs to not float the ball up as much.

I think the 16 intercept possessions far outweigh one howler! He was easily best 4 or 5 for us. His game reminded me of his AA year with Adelaide.

I like to think that when Jake reads this thread and finds out it cost him the American vote, that it will cut him deeply. And maybe, just maybe, it will be the impetus needed to not do that ever again.

Interesting seeing no Hunt in the coaches votes. I rate the coaches votes very highly. Most if not all had him in the votes this week. Maybe we were just a bit surprised to see him finally get some of the ball. Looking at the replay his game wasn't as good as I thought. It wasn't bad by any stretch, just not as good as what I thought initially. Good to see Lever get in the votes. Like I said, was surprised more on here wasn't putting him their votes. His intercept game is on point atm..

I think the 16 intercept possessions far outweigh one howler! He was easily best 4 or 5 for us. His game reminded me of his AA year with Adelaide.
Agreed. I didn't see the "howler" until I watched the replay and to be honest I think a lot in the game day thread overreacted. Or at least should have attributed some blame to May who didn't come at the footy at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting seeing no Hunt in the coaches votes. I rate the coaches votes very highly. Most if not all had him in the votes this week. Maybe we were just a bit surprised to see him finally get some of the ball. Looking at the replay his game wasn't as good as I thought. It wasn't bad by any stretch, just not as good as what I thought initially. Good to see Lever get in the votes. Like I said, was surprised more on here wasn't putting him their votes. His intercept game is on point atm..

Where can one see the coaches votes?

Where can one see the coaches votes?
AFL website.

10 Max Gawn (MELB)
8 Toby Greene (GWS)
3 Jack Viney (MELB)
3 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
3 Christian Petracca (MELB)
2 Jake Lever (MELB)
1 Ed Langdon (MELB)

Greene was the only one who threatened to take the game away from us, but i don't think his game was worth an 8. I'd take 3 votes off him and give Hunt a couple and add 1 onto Lever or Langdon.

AFL website.

10 Max Gawn (MELB)
8 Toby Greene (GWS)
3 Jack Viney (MELB)
3 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
2 Jake Lever (MELB)
1 Ed Langdon (MELB)

Greene was the only one who threatened to take the game away from us, but i don't think his game was worth an 8. I'd take 3 votes off him and give Hunt a couple and add 1 onto Lever or Langdon.
Petracca the surprise there.

He's probably judged a little harshly on this board because we all know he's capable of a lot more. Same with Oliver really (though his game on the weekend was pants).

Petracca the surprise there.

He's probably judged a little harshly on this board because we all know he's capable of a lot more. Same with Oliver really (though his game on the weekend was pants).
I find it interesting to think about who has voted for whom.

In this case, 2 of Petracca, Viney and Pickett have been adjudged as 3rd best on-field by one of the coaches, but outside the top 5 by the other. On Petracca, did Goody give him a particular job or thing to focus on that he excelled at? Or was it Cameron and some kind of confirmation bias after all the work I assume they put in to Christian? Or, was he the recipient of the remaining 2 and 1 votes, which I don't think is likely

AFL website.

10 Max Gawn (MELB)
8 Toby Greene (GWS)
3 Jack Viney (MELB)
3 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
2 Jake Lever (MELB)
1 Ed Langdon (MELB)

5 of 11 goals is a fair effort though, without max I still think we win no worries, without Greene I reckon we do em by 10 easy.

Lever with plenty of momentum there, but missed out on a spot

Round 3 v Giants, 2021 results:
101 votes/27 - Max Gawn
85 votes/27 - Kysaiah Pickett
41 votes/22 - Jayden Hunt
36.5 votes/21 - Ed Langdon
15 votes/10 - Jack Viney
------------------------------------
13 votes/10 - Jake Lever
10.5 votes/10 - Christian Salem
6 votes/3 - Angus Brayshaw
4 votes/4 - Luke Jackson
4 votes/4 - Alex Neal-Bullen
3 votes/3 - Trent Rivers
1 votes/1 - Steven May
1 votes/1 - Adam Tomlinson
1 votes/1 - Charlie Spargo
-5 votes/1 - Clayton Oliver

Me either. Was a slowmo car crash watching it, had other much safer options. I know bombing down the line is frowned upon these days, but with Gawn up like last night a stoppage is a win for us really.
Then again, I like that he tries something a bit risky to try and give a better attacking option. Just needs to not float the ball up as much.
Wasn’t a great kick but May is also totally flat footed going for that ball. They’re a real ride together die together pair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back