MVP Votes v Hawks 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Now THAT is what a win feels like.

12 votes to those you thought were the best.

5.5 - M. Gawn
3.5 - C. Oliver
3 - C. Petracca

Last edited:

4 - gawn
3 - trac
2 - Weid
1 - viney
1 - Oliver
1 - Langdon

Jesus. How do you divvy up votes in this one.

It seems Trac and Maxy will get a tonne from others and rightly so, but there are a few that have to be highlighted.

2 Trac 2 Gawn 2 Oliver. Our tree best, great every week.

1 Viney. He is genuinely starting to link up better with our other mids. For probably the first time this season he got a clearance and hand balled to Oliver who had relocated/spread to help give Viney a target. Had a nice quick handball to Gus too. Maybe not the tunnel vision merchant I thought Vines was. Brilliant stuff.

1 OMac. Not scared to give us some overlap run; and that’s a pretty nice development moreso because it manifests his growing confidence overall. Some dodgy kicks today but been reliable by foot for 2 years now. Keep going son.

1 Fritsch. Good to see him start applying more pressure inside 50, and compete in the air.

1. Weed. Crashes packs all day. It’s not pretty but when TMac gets back I think he will be a huge beneficiary of Weed’s presence.

1 Harley. Just starting to get involved at ground level more. Not super great on the stats sheet I’m guessing but we need all our players to chase and harass and he’s starting to do that.

1 Jacko. Took the ball nice and high in the air, clean at ground level, good vision/use of footy in general play.

Also want to shoutout Vanders Hannan and Kozzy. How ******* good is it to have a forward line full of guys who pressure relentlessly and can stick a tackle? The Geelong game was where the pressure all started and it’s starting to pick up more and more. Very happy with the current forward mix and if Milkshakes could just start kicking some goals again that’d be even better because he’s just about AA caliber at his best

5 - Gawn
5 - Petracca
1 - Oliver
1 - Viney

A few who are unlucky not to get a vote, but I don't remember seeing a pair of players dominate for us like Gawn and Petracca did tonight for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard week to give votes, don't care what the stats say, Weid was my BOG, selfless hard team football.

4 - Weid
3 - Trac
3 - Gawn
1 - Viney
1 - Lever

4 Petracca
3 Gawn
2 Weid
1 May
1 Viney
1 Oliver
We starting to believe Viney can play majority minutes in the guts? Seems like he's really starting to build chemistry with Gus and Clarry

We starting to believe Viney can play majority minutes in the guts? Seems like he's really starting to build chemistry with Gus and Clarry
Viney needs to play like a defensive animal like he did today, when he's laying 10 tackles it brings his confidence up. I also think he's made the biggest change in terms of the want to kick in the last 2 weeks.

Viney needs to play like a defensive animal like he did today, when he's laying 10 tackles it brings his confidence up. I also think he's made the biggest change in terms of the want to kick in the last 2 weeks.
Games like these I would’ve loved to see from the stands because our pressure was honestly maniacal; Jack was a big part of that but I’m not sure if it’s due to Individual improved defensive positioning(which I hope it is) or another factor, like improved communication team-wise.

It’s easier to judge stoppage work from the TV and offensively it seems our mids are starting to not get in each other’s way.

Wow! Voting with 9 mins left in the game (even we can’t blow this).

Max 5- it’s clear why the club has been trying to get a serviceable second ruck. Jackson makes Max just an absolute beast playing behind the ball.

Trac 4- wow. Really exciting stuff from the bull. So strong, and composed!! And a set shot goal from distance as the cherry on top.

May 1
Weid 1
Bennell 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back