MVP Votes v pies - Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

3: Big Tommy Campbell - Clunked marks everywhere, gave good ruck service, kicked true, used the ball well
2: Hall - Owns his position on the ground. End of.
1: Menadue - Really good use of the ball, got plenty of it, and some of the hardest efforts I've seen from him

HM: Cunners, Goldy a bit hot and cold but two of our best inside 50's for the day, Ats, Stepho, TT

3. Hall (racking them up and giving us mileage)
2, Campbell (Great big man's game)
1. Thomas (the spark)

Stiff: McKay & JZ.

Lots of blokes did things in spurts, but there weren't enough 4 quarter efforts.

3 - Campbell. Bugger me, never thought I'd see the day. Have always loved his effort and physicality. Have always questioned his role being a fwd/ruck. Too good a ruckman to be a second fiddle, but I always struggled to see a role outside of ruck. A big pat on the back for his last 3 games. Keep cracking marking contests and smashing blokes at 110kg.
2 - Hall - the occasional stuff up, but you'd prefer the stuff ups come when taking the game on and giving you a chance, rather than in defensive mode. He is a quality user of the ball and we don't have many of those.
1 - McKay. Might have got my 3 votes if he had the chance to be on De Goey from the start and deprived Stickers-McAssault-Charges of a kick from the get-go. Took his inexperienced cabbage of an opponent to the cleaners anyway. The All-Australian selectors haven't got a *en clue if they ignore him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Warhol Painting
2. Buckets
1. mr T

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Turner ????
I thought Turner was busy early, linking through the middle whilst being the def mid. Hes providing more in the middle than he has been previously up fwd. Turners numbers were almost identical to Tarryns, and Tarryn's in most votes.

3: Big Tommy Campbell - Clunked marks everywhere, gave good ruck service, kicked true, used the ball well
2: Hall - Owns his position on the ground. End of.
1: Menadue - Really good use of the ball, got plenty of it, and some of the hardest efforts I've seen from him

HM: Cunners, Goldy a bit hot and cold but two of our best inside 50's for the day, Ats, Stepho, TT

This for me as well. Who'd have thought we'd see that spread of votes at the start of the year?

3 - Campbell (When this bloke is our safest with ball in hand, we have real problems... But that was genuinely the case today).
2 - Hall (Good balance of attacking & defending, with a kick that actually has penetration)
1 - McKay (Started very well and I actually think Collingwood were playing around him for most of the 2nd half)

Menadue was close. It's a real concern that it could easily have been 3 rejects from other teams that were clearly our best today.

Campbell- looked like the only big man that was dangerous up forward and around the ground, composed and dare I say it, assured and classy. Well done big fella.

McKay- cut off numerous attacks, knew when to go, when to sag off and was responsible for stopping a blow out when we were as shaky as Shakin Stevens. He's a gun now.

Hall- tried to create when all were going int their shell, attacking and set up many an attacking foray. Just about got the new contract signed sealed and delivered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back