MVP Votes v Suns 2020

Best win for 2020...hopefully that changes...
12 votes any way you like to any person you like.

6 - M. Gawn
4 - J. Viney
1 - C. Petracca
1 - C. Oliver

Edit: Turns out, cannot get rid of thread tags... and now I know that

Last edited:

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
3 - Viney
3 - max
2 - trac
1 - oliver
1 - weid
1 - hibberd
1 - vanders

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Not happy about people acting like Maxy was better than usual today; had a blinder but it was OMac coming into the side that let him get to more contests; been a safe pair of hands all season and won every single ruck battle by decent margins.

Trac was probably the worst he’s been all year by foot too.

Anyway: If I was judging on merit those two would get votes every week. This week some others stood up so I’ll give them credit.

2 OMac: Couldn’t hang with Ben King on a lead(who would mark anything anyway; he genuinely marks rubbish kicks that would go over most’s heads) but OMac was really composed with ball in hand, nice assured work down back.
2: Maxy
2: Trac
2: Oliver. Like Maxy and Trac been good all year. Ball use still makes you want to throw the remote at the TV but he’s the best at ground level in the whole comp.
2: Weed. Competed so well; he’s going to work as our roaming CHF letting TMac play full forward. Doesn’t need to mark, just bring it to ground and let Harley, Kozzy, Trac, Oliver, Vines etc. do the work. Nice to get 2 goals too, should be a confidence boost. Don’t know how he’s forgotten how to lead up at the footy and take the ball in the air like he used to be able to do BUT goals should help with that. And was very clean at ground level which you like.
1: Langdon. Avoided all footy forums after Tomlinson got dropped which I still don’t get, but he and Langdon would be top 5 in the BnF so far IMO. Kicking better than advertised tbh.
1: Vanders. Good to have a guy who can actually stick a tackle after last year where we usually picked like 4 of Chandler Dunkley Lockhart Wagner Nibbler Spargo in the same damn side.

FootyGuy13, decent spread of votes this week. Do you happen to have stats on widest spread of votes in any given week? No doubt there have been several where all 22 players have polled?
I remember from 2018, at least I think it was, where someone gave 2 players 1 vote with the remaining 20 getting 0.5 each since that does still equal 12. Another game just had all 12 votes spread across the 22 (0.545454 recurring).
If you're asking for games where everyone finishes with 1 whole vote each, I can safely say that's never happened, though I'll have a look tomorrow as to which got closest and what the average is.
I know every game has had 5 players get votes.

Best win for 2020...hopefully that changes...
12 votes any way you like to any person you like.

Edit: Turns out, cannot get rid of thread tags... and now I know that

What was the tag I missed...🙁

Watched a replay when I got home last night , and * me, some of our big names actually played well (not May thats for sure!!! what a ******* spud)

5 Gawn ( some s**t kicks and palm downs, but * me if that wasn't the Max I used to know, gut running and taking grabs, great to see)
4 Viney
3 Hannan ( becoming my new man crush, he doesn't get it much but he's highly productive when he does )

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
OMac - 12 votes

He was not spectacular, but I have written him off numerous times. I watched the full game and did not yell at the TV about him once, it was surprising, well played!

I am hoping this is the return to the 2017-2018 version where he showed improvement each week, rather than the horrible disaster merchant he was in 2019.

Not happy about people acting like Maxy was better than usual today.

Trac was probably the worst he’s been all year by foot too.

What a ridiculous statement . Be as unhappy as you want, it's the truth.

Followed by a highly accurate one. Anyone giving Trac votes cares way too much about the stat sheet, Shame they didn't see his kicking efficiency while they were there. ;)

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
What a ridiculous statement . Be as unhappy as you want, it's the truth.

Followed by a highly accurate one. Anyone giving Trac votes cares way too much about the stat sheet, Shame they didn't see his kicking efficiency while they were there. ;)

I gave him votes because I like his stubble.

It's not quite the same as Tyson's hair, but we're getting there.

Proper Gander

I gave him votes because I like his stubble.

It's not quite the same as Tyson's hair, but we're getting there.

Proper Gander

I endorse your voting system.

No peroxide flogs or Lever's moustaches either I see. Excellent. 👍

Back