4 votes/2 - Kysaiah Pickett
3 votes/3 - Jake Lever
3 votes/2 - Harley Bennell
1 votes/1 - Angus Brayshaw
1 votes/1 - Michael Hibberd
1 votes/1 - Steven May
1 votes/1 - Christian Salem

Last edited:

In future, I dunno, reckon there should be some sort of award or votes given to players who poll the most multiple times any given week to stop the likes of someone giving Oscar 12 and sneaking him into the votes.

In future, I dunno, reckon there should be some sort of award or votes given to players who poll the most multiple times any given week to stop the likes of someone giving Oscar 12 and sneaking him into the votes.

Agree, although McDonald deserved votes IMO (not sure if you were just using him for sake of example).

Yea I thought he was good. Just saying, been plenty of other better examples than him the past.

Reckon something like: total votes multiplied by how many times they polled has some merit.

Not that Oscar was bad but 12 of his 20 votes came from one person.
Agree, although McDonald deserved votes IMO (not sure if you were just using him for sake of example).
Yeah the ol' 12-voter probably skews things a little.
What's funny is that this example isn't even worse than all the times it happened in 2019... and it kept happening in 2019 at the start... like twice but still.
I haven't had to implement the rule yet, but I was gonna slip into the rules that you had to have at least 10% of people vote for you.
So this week with 20 people voting, you had to have 3 people give you votes to be eligible to get points, Oscar had 6 so I reckon he did have enough people deem him point-worthy, unlike last year when someone would come in and be the only one to give him votes and I'm stuck giving him 8 points...was his only scoring game last year. Less than 20 voters and the bar is set at 2 unless I'm pressed for voters that week and forced to put them in.
The other problem is that I am the only person who knows the running total of votes are in each week, so this year I might not give out votes because I know I'll be the difference between someone scoring or not whereas everyone else doesn't know and that's how I like it.
I think I'll keep it at total votes wins, but the only other condition stopping them from getting votes is the one I've said before.

What's funny is that this example isn't even worse than all the times it happened in 2019... and it kept happening in 2019 at the start... like twice but still.
I haven't had to implement the rule yet, but I was gonna slip into the rules that you had to have at least 10% of people vote for you.
So this week with 20 people voting, you had to have 3 people give you votes to be eligible to get points, Oscar had 6 so I reckon he did have enough people deem him point-worthy, unlike last year when someone would come in and be the only one to give him votes and I'm stuck giving him 8 points...was his only scoring game last year. Less than 20 voters and the bar is set at 2 unless I'm pressed for voters that week and forced to put them in.
The other problem is that I am the only person who knows the running total of votes are in each week, so this year I might not give out votes because I know I'll be the difference between someone scoring or not whereas everyone else doesn't know and that's how I like it.
I think I'll keep it at total votes wins, but the only other condition stopping them from getting votes is the one I've said before.

I know they've plenty worse, may for example was given 12 votes the previous week (or week before that, can't remember) as a pisstake by the same poster.

Didn't mean to single Oscar out like I said coz he did play well, was just pointing out that nearly 66% of his votes came from the one person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they've plenty worse, may for example was given 12 votes the previous week as a pisstake by the same poster.

Didn't mean to single Oscar out like I said coz he did play well, was just pointing out that nearly 66% of his votes came from the one person.
The thing about May against Richmond is that he was still deep in the points without them so it only cost Hibberd a vote, whereas this he had, what I thought, was another valid reason to do it, but was enough to knock someone out, but none of that bothers me if people have proper reasons...

It's usually in the blow out losses you get people playing funnies and skewing the voting with 12 vote pisstakes.
What irks me is when they are the only person to give the worst person 12 votes or when they give someone who wasn't even playing votes, like last year with Joel Selwood, the Goal Post, Captain Idiot, Jack Daniels or the supporters.

A good comfort is that any of the "12 votes to x" votes don't really matter long term because I doubt any of them have given a player a BOG or cost someone an overall victory. People might start campaigns to get Viv Michie or, as you've said, Dean Terlich points but in the end, it doesn't really matter.

The thing about May against Richmond is that he was still deep in the points without them so it only cost Hibberd a vote, whereas this he had, what I thought, was another valid reason to do it, but was enough to knock someone out, but none of that bothers me if people have proper reasons...

What irks me is when they are the only person to give the worst person 12 votes or when they give someone who wasn't even playing votes, like last year with Joel Selwood, the Goal Post, Captain Idiot, Jack Daniels or the supporters.

A good comfort is that any of the "12 votes to x" votes don't really matter long term because I doubt any of them have given a player a BOG or cost someone an overall victory. People might start campaigns to get Viv Michie or, as you've said, Dean Terlich points but in the end, it doesn't really matter.
I agree with all your points.

It's just those blowout losses you've gotta be careful with, I've seen a few times when the pisstakes have snuck in. People tend to vote less in the heavy losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back