MVP Votes v Tigers 2020 | 400TH VOTE THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

It was supposed to happen back in April, it was supposed to happen last week, but now it's happening TODAY.​

This game is the 400th game the Melbourne board has been asked to give their opinion on who they thought was the best player of the game through voting. From the original run of 40 games in 2001 to 2003, to the finals years of 2004-06, to the controversial end to the 2008 season when a 116-point loss to Geelong saw 3 of the last 4 games not get vote threads, to the dominant years of Nathan Jones in 2011 to 2014, to the current age of Max Gawn staying near the top, this board has gone through many iterations of posters and voting procedures that have turned this award into what it has become today.​

From dees01 who oversaw the original run, to BT restarting the threads, to Bartram_Class who organised most of the threads in the Dark Ages, TheDarkDwarf who did a fine job overlooking the 2018 season and me, who annoyed TheDarkDwarf during the 2018 season and got given the reigns in 2019 and finally everyone who and been apart of this and helped this be an accurate account of this board's outlook on who the best player this team has had every season for the past 20.​
I am also typing all this before today's game (thanks Captain Obvious) so that I can focus on what I'm saying without having to game change the mood of how I'm typing this.​

I hope to have many more years of high participation and high voting and that whoever may be reading this has a good rest of their day.​
12 votes to those you thought were the best afield today. 6 - M, Gawn, 3 - S. May, 2- M.Hibberd, 1 - C.Petracca

Last edited:

10 trac
1 Rivers ( participation award )
1 Kozzie ( Flying high for no reward award )

Gave votes to Rivers and Kozzie because i like them .

Last edited:
Steve May - 12 votes

He was an absolute wall in our hackline stopping the Toigs forays forward with aplomb.

His boot is a laser and did not miss a single target!

10 trac
1 Hannan
1 Hibberd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Note to Self: Split 426 results in 50/100 game intervals
And the 2020 Round 5 results are in:
111 votes/15 - Christian Petracca
26 votes/8 - Steven May
15 votes/9 - Michael Hibberd
11 votes/9 - Mitch Hannan
10 votes/3 - Max Gawn
------------------------------------