MVP Votes v Tiges - Round 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

First 6-0 start since Norm Smith was in charge. Let's hope the rest of that season doesn't happen this year.

12 votes to all of the best players in your opinion. Maximum 12. You can award fewer. You can award negative (to an extent). You have 3 days to vote.

Stats shmats

4- Salem
3- Rivers
2- Petracca
1- Hibbo for destroying Dusty despite kicking like a complete *********
1- Jacko

3 - Salem
3 - Petracca
1 - Lever
1 - Jackson
1 - Langdon
1 - May
1 - Oliver
1 - Gawn

Last edited:

Nate 12- he had almost no impact on the actual game, but fair enough, as some predicted, the boys played for him.

Salem- 0
Trac- 0
Langdon- 0
Lever- 0
Tmac- 0
Jacko- 0
Spargo- 0
Max- 0
Rivers- 0
Tomlinson- 0
May- 0
Hibs- 0
ANB- 0

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not said with pride mate. Just stating a fact.
I’m just taking the piss dw - but honestly it’s fair enough if you’re only watching games on TV, a lot of what he does well is just spreading for uncontested touches and getting to as many contests as anyone else on the ground to pressure and lay some critical tackles, which is all he’s getting picked for really. But unless you’re at the ground definitely doesn’t do anything to stand out, he had 20 touches v St Kilda but I didn’t sight him bc Marvel is a dump and I will never go. Was big in the second quarter today though along with Spargo, who also does his best work by going unnoticed (and is possibly my favourite player).

2: Salem, I mean just cleaner than anyone else on the ground and you just can't quantify how much of a release valve that is for your team when both teams are applying as much pressure as they did last night.

2: Lever, Cody Atkinson I see the light. Still not good 1 on 1 vs true key forwards or quick medium/smalls IMO and still had some ugly dropped marks/decisions to mark instead of spoil, but his reading of the game is just consistently so good that it outweighs the automatic 2 high quality scoring shots oppos get from aforementioned mistakes. Like that's gonna sound like a slight but Lever could literally be Oscar McDonald pace, Sam Frost discipline 1 on 1s, with Dom Barry physical strength and he'd be a positive footy player as long as he just had enough size/athleticism combo to spoil the ball when its 2m off. Just unbelievable. If anyone follows basketball to me he's like Robert Covington.

2: Petracca: like I say about Salo, a massive release valve to have a line-breaker like that in such a slippery game. That goal just about iced the game too, it was in our favour but a Tiges goal would've made us nervous.

1: Maxy: Nankervis is ******* good and not that easy to deal with 1 on 1 but think Max genuinely got on top, took a few huge grabs

1: TMac. Wow. I thought he's been unfairly scapegoated last year so wasn't hyping up this year's play so far because he was judging the footy decently in the air last year anyway, but this game it felt like he moved well, and god he provided a great release. Brought it to ground nearly every time; could be Richmond having less physically strong defenders, but wow TMac played exactly how you want a full forward in our system to play, and finished great too. He was an elite KPF in 2018 and he played like an elite one last night I thought. We can only play one of TMac/Boner...and TMac genuinely deserves to keep his spot.

1: Clarry, Topkent would be so proud with how he's really consistently using his speed to evade the first tackle rather than handballing

1: Lingers

1: Gus

Wingers club +the defense were just phenomenal. ALWAYS one of Gus/Lingers down back when Richmond made a foray forward, always one of them running forward when we attacked. Both had pretty suspect ball use at times though which pegs them down a few marks.

1: Tomlinson; he pre much neutralised Jack, he's still not a contender level key back IMO and you could see a lack of composure at times, he's weirdly a fairly rigid athlete at times despite clearly being a good one(maybe a bit of TMac-itis) but his ability to neutralise Riewoldt helped Lever pay zero respect his direct opponent much all game

Really wanted to give 1 to Jacko because his constant workrate at ground level and around the ground was a huge factor too. Also wanted to shoutout Jordon because I like him so much more than Sparrow in this team, Vines for just getting Richmond riled up, Spargo for still playing footy after all the s**t he unrightfully cops and the work he put in on his body last offseason to stick tackles better, Chunk ofc and he actually had a decent game too.

Nate 12- he had almost no impact on the actual game, but fair enough, as some predicted, the boys played for him.

Salem- 0
Trac- 0
Langdon- 0
Lever- 0
Tmac- 0
Jacko- 0
Spargo- 0
Max- 0
Rivers- 0
Tomlinson- 0
May- 0
Hibs- 0
ANB- 0
I can't tell if you're being funny and showing all the players you want to give a vote, or if you really are giving Jones 12 and you've just so happened to name 12-13 players that are being given 0.

Both valid either way, just checking.

I can't tell if you're being funny and showing all the players you want to give a vote, or if you really are giving Jones 12 and you've just so happened to name 12-13 players that are being given 0.

Both valid either way, just checking.

Yea just listing guys I thought played well, but awarding 12 to Jones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back