MVP Votes v Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL at the best in the Hun:

Petracca, Viney, Hibberd, Jordon, Brayshaw, Oliver
They got 3 right. But it probably shows it was a game where no one really stood out and everyone there is going to find different players who were in the best. Brayshaw probably played his best game for the year, but that's not saying much. JJ is a head scratcher. And I feel if Dees win, Trac and Oliver(who I thought was pretty good) will always just be named in the best based on stats.

Worst on ground very tough:

Ill go with Brayshaw but Bowey, McVee, Jordon, Grundy, Oliver, Trac, Pickett all worthy.
Interesting Dimma talked up Grundy’s second half, said he was dominated the ruck which led to Balta being moved (off JVR?)

Had a few really obvious howlers, my guess is he's nowhere near fit enough. Don't think he was worst on though.

Interesting Dimma talked up Grundy’s second half, said he was dominated the ruck which led to Balta being moved (off JVR?)

Had a few really obvious howlers, my guess is he's nowhere near fit enough. Don't think he was worst on though.
Grundy's a nearly player for me. Gets to alot of dangerous areas and gets involved in dangerous link ups but he's making bad decisions alot. Hopefully another month into the legs gets him making the correct ones.

Agree, seems to struggle getting back defensively or sticking with his opponent if they bolt forward. Was big in the 3rd, got our mids going a few times with taps or grabbing it out.

Grundy??? Huh? Even Dimma mentioned he was one of our best

I really dont take any notice of what coaches say, just go off my own eye test and thought he was s**t. Throwing everyone involved in the centre stoppages in the bin last night and Grundy was pretty bad in defense when back there.

Every time Grundy does a centre bounce he takes his eyes off the footy and seeks contact with the opposition ruck. He's going to start getting done for blocking frees soon. It might be because he has no vertical anymore so he's avoiding getting a knee into the chest. Either way, he's been underwhelming so far.

Grundy's a nearly player for me. Gets to alot of dangerous areas and gets involved in dangerous link ups but he's making bad decisions alot. Hopefully another month into the legs gets him making the correct ones.

I think this is spot on. I can see the talent there, but is just having some inconsistent finishing. Three times in the past two weeks he has looked like magic streaming into the forward 50 but then bottled it each time.

I get the feeling it will all start falling into place soon.

Think he was great in the Swans and Eagles game, just thought he was s**t last night.

I dont hate him as a player at all, just didnt think he was good last night.

I really dont take any notice of what coaches say.
IMO Dimma's one of the few who doesn't speak only in empty platitudes, seems a bit more willing to talk about tactics than others. Ross the Boss is a bit funny.
I also enjoy watching Vossy, Longmuire when they lose, and basically any coach whose team gets pumped.

I really dont take any notice of what coaches say, just go off my own eye test and thought he was s**t. Throwing everyone involved in the centre stoppages in the bin last night and Grundy was pretty bad in defense when back there.
Did you even watch the 2nd half? Grundy was instrumental with his taps and was involved in several important contests. I always take note of what opposition coaches say. Watching the game again this morning, Gawn and Grundy were much better than what I gave them credit for watching live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Pig getting votes.
Doesn't look slow Pig, I'm really happy about that.
Yep. Underrated game. Still can rely on him doing a job on a dangerous forward. Not convinced on him being the 3rd tall defender though. I think Disco needs to start getting a game if Petty stays forward.

Who'd have thought, the main highlights came after we started playing well.
R6 v Tigers (2).gif R6 v Tigers (1).gif R6 v Tigers (3).gif R6 v Tigers (4).gif

Round 6 v Tigers
49 votes/13 - Jack Viney
37 votes/14 - Jacob van Rooyen
21 votes/12 - Kade Chandler
13 votes/9 - Max Gawn
11 votes/4 - Ed Langdon
-------------
10 votes/7 - Michael Hibberd
9 votes/5 - Jake Lever
6 votes/4 - Lachie Hunter
5 votes/4 - Alex Neal-Bullen