3 - Grundy
2 - T-Mac
2 - McVee
1 - Viney
1 - Fritsch
1 - Rivers
1- Hunter
Encouragement vote :)
1 - Trac ( charity vote in recognition of set shot improvement only)

2 Grundy - Some ******* great hitouts
1 Viney - kept the team going being one of guys not looking to just get the win and avoid injury. Also hit a bunch of targets forward of the ball so that's nice
1 Rivers - Thought he was going to Tapscott himself out of the league with his shitty 2022 but he's back on track.
1 Trac - looks slow but actually dropped the ball onto his foot with a modicum of care when going for goals so that gets a vote from me
1 Oliver - fumbled his way through a tag but also did the karate kick pass that got us an inside 50 mark.
1 May - meathead is bloody good at footy
1 McDonald - still reckon he's pretty cooked but he had a good one.
1 Fritch - doesn't waste it
1 Pickett - won me a few hundred bucks by finally kicking straight through the goals in junk time.
1 McVee - mostly for that attack and beautiful kick down the middle at the end of the game. ******* love this kid.

Much better votes. No Trac no Oliver. That's correct.

We do set the bar incredibly high for those two because as we all know they're capable of having much, much more influential games. I do agree with your view in not accepting just good or ok games from them. Though I do feel like some credit has to be given for the fact even on their worst days they're still leaving a big mark on games and are always the driving force for our midfield. We wouldn't be where we are now as a club without those 2.

I've been around this forum for a very long time (mostly just reading posts) and I've noticed that Oliver especially doesn't garner the respect he deserves from some in here, yourself included. Just an observation and no hate or anything like that as you're obviously entitled to your opinions, and I'm sure I haven't read every post you've made lol. I really respect and agree with the majority of your views on footy and I know you bleed Red and Blue, so I'm not calling you out or anything, but it's got me genuinely interested to know where you think Oliver will rank amongst Melbourne's all time greats at the end of his career (and amongst the AFLs great players of the past too)?

Edit: also sorry, probably wrong place for this post!

We do set the bar incredibly high for those two because as we all know they're capable of having much, much more influential games. I do agree with your view in not accepting just good or ok games from them. Though I do feel like some credit has to be given for the fact even on their worst days they're still leaving a big mark on games and are always the driving force for our midfield. We wouldn't be where we are now as a club without those 2.

I've been around this forum for a very long time (mostly just reading posts) and I've noticed that Oliver especially doesn't garner the respect he deserves from some in here, yourself included. Just an observation and no hate or anything like that as you're obviously entitled to your opinions, and I'm sure I haven't read every post you've made lol. I really respect and agree with the majority of your views on footy and I know you bleed Red and Blue, so I'm not calling you out or anything, but it's got me genuinely interested to know where you think Oliver will rank amongst Melbourne's all time greats at the end of his career (and amongst the AFLs great players of the past too)?

Personally I don’t like to give people votes here if they’ve played way below their capability.
Plenty of other awards Trac and Clarry will win, don’t think we need to talk them up here if they were well below their best.

For mine. The whole industry over rates disposals still. When Oliver has a 3O disposal game like he does on the weekend, that's no different to Fritsch having 10 disposals and kicking 2 goals. It's stock standard.

There were 49 players last year who averaged more than 24 disposals a game. It's just not very impressive any more.

20 years ago 30 was impressive because there was less stoppages and less handballing. Modern AFL teams will handball 7x without going anywhere. Almost every midfield has 5-10 of these a game

For mine. The whole industry over rates disposals still. When Oliver has a 3O disposal game like he does on the weekend, that's no different to Fritsch having 10 disposals and kicking 2 goals. It's stock standard.

There were 49 players last year who averaged more than 24 disposals a game. It's just not very impressive any more.

20 years ago 30 was impressive because there was less stoppages and less handballing. Modern AFL teams will handball 7x without going anywhere. Almost every midfield has 5-10 of these a game

Curnow, Cameron and May probably the 3 most important coz they are the hardest sort of players to find. You can build sides around them. There is a million mids that can be had. Id have Josh Daicos as #1 simply coz he can kick far better than anybody else.

Thats not to s**t on Oliver coz he is bloody good, but you are 100% right, possessions are so overrated these days. Nobody tags anyone anymore.

Curnow, Cameron and May probably the 3 most important coz they are the hardest sort of players to find. You can build sides around them. There is a million mids that can be had. Id have Josh Daicos as #1 simply coz he can kick far better than anybody else.

Thats not to s**t on Oliver coz he is bloody good, but you are 100% right, possessions are so overrated these days. Nobody tags anyone anymore.
Even when they do get tagged someone like Oliver will still receive the ball with someone holding onto him and hack it forward. He'll have 15 disposals that dont do anything.

Mays gonna finish with 0 BNFs, Oliver probably 6 but that's not gonna be a fair representation of their impact to the side.

Oliver's game against Sydney was one of the best games he's ever played. The 2 either side were an average games for a midfielder and he got huge coaches votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I 👀 what you did there. A11dAtP0w3R Topkent Johnny Karate

Would be a good offseason activity/thread get 18 people to draft a side each. Not like SuperCoach, each player can only be drafted once. See who's comes out better and how different people build theirs.

Yeah that's totally fair, and actually spot on. Personally I love Oliver cause he's our guy (i mean, obviously lol), but you're right that realistically there are heaps of guys doing it week in week out across the comp. It'll be exciting to see if he can actually take that next step and become a damaging goal kicking mid consistently.

Agree with all of this except I'm assuming you mean Nick Daicos, right? Josh is a good player too but Jesus Christ the younger Daicos is a freakishly good kick. Aside from probably Curnow or Cameron he's the one player in the league I'd want at the Dees.

Agree with all of this except I'm assuming you mean Nick Daicos, right? Josh is a good player too but Jesus Christ the younger Daicos is a freakishly good kick. Aside from probably Curnow or Cameron he's the one player in the league I'd want at the Dees.

Absolutely Nick, dunno why I said Josh.

R4 v Eagles (1).gif R4 v Eagles (2).gif

Round 4 v Eagles
63.25 votes/17 - Brodie Grundy
35.5 votes/15 - Tom McDonald
28 votes/16 - Bayley Fritsch
17 votes/9 - Clayton Oliver
15 votes/9 - Jack Viney
-------------
14 votes/11 - Christian Petracca
12 votes/8 - Trent Rivers
6 votes/6 - Lachie Hunter
5 votes/3 - Kysaiah Pickett
4 votes/3 - Judd McVee
2 votes/2 - Kade Chandler
1 votes/1 - Ed Langdon
1 votes/1 - Steven May

Votes may be changed once votes from Topkent's alts have been discounted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back