MVP Votes vs Adelaide - Round 22, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes from the game before Clarkso week.

LDU - 102 votes. Yet another BOG. s**t he's good.
Jy - 62 votes. A great game from Jy too. Fantastic to see him playing with freedom again.
Bails - 19 votes. How much has this kid come on. Top effort bailey.
Goldy - 5 votes. Weekly reminder to just sign him up. BTW He is a legend of the club so sign him up!!!
Three blokes got 3 votes - Ben 10, Aaron Hall and Buckets. Top work from all of them and welcome back Cunners.
Cam Zurhaar, KD (the Lang?) and Jed got one vote each. (Don't ask if there is a relationship between Jed getting a vote and LDU going out of the game when Jed went off with concussion.)

5 - Luke Davies-Uniacke.
4 - Jy Simpkin.
3 - Bailey Scott.
2 - Todd Goldstein.
1 - Ben Cunnington.
1 - Aaron Hall.
1 - Ben McKay.

The leaderboard with one game left:

54- Luke Davies-Uniacke.
31- Jy Simpkin.
29 - Todd Goldstein.
21 - Luke McDonald.
21 - Curtis Taylor.
18 - Nick Larkey.
18 - Ben McKay.
17 - Jason Horne-Francis.
15 - Bailey Scott.
14 - Lachie Young.
14 - Cam Zurhaar.
11 - Jed Anderson.
10 - Paul Curtis.
10 - Jaidyn Stephenson.
9- Aaron Hall.
6 - Hugh Greenwood.
6 - Tristan Xerri.
5 - Jack Ziebell.
4 - Josh Walker.
3 - Aidan Corr.
3 - Tarryn Thomas.
1 - Jackson Archer.
1 - Ben Cunnington.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate.

I enjoy it.

I really love the way the leader board looks this year, despite our terrible season. Goldy, LMac the only players from that older group in the top ten. Jed would have been in there too if he'd played all season most likely, and Cunners as well but the rest is these emerging players like Jy, LDU and Buckets ... and younger guys. Bailey Scott, Lachie Young and Curtis Taylor all polling well is great considering where we are on the ladder. None of those guys are thought of in the same class of Jy, LDU or McKay but they all play their roles well and are developing and maturing as we've seen this season.

Larkey, Phillips, JHF, Sleevoless, Paul Curtis I expect will to push those other players down the board a bit next year but I don't expect their performances to drop off. I think they'll keep improving actually but because the higher rated (and younger) guys will develop that should change the order next season. TT back too hopefully. I thought he'd be top 5 at least this year. If the likes of Greenwood, Hall, JZ and JWalker were higher on the leaderboard we wouldn't be in as good a position I reckon

I know some of them have missed big chunks of the year thru injury - Hall for example. But that leaves the weight on the shoulders of guys like Young, Sleeveless and Bailey Scott and they started to respond while we were in the worst shape I can remember us being in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back