MVP Votes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

He had 31 disposals, 23 contested possessions, 14 clearances and 7 inside fifties. Apart from disposals, which were only just above his ave for the year (29.something) they are all significantly above his average figures for the year. And even more so for his career cos he is in career best form this last 2 years.

BTW Not saying that to criticise your votes or anything like that but he was better than his average games this year.
I obviously needed one of those sarcasm emoji thingies. My point I was trying to make was that his standard has become so high that a game like this has become the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or not...

3. JZ - 200 games. Congrats Skipper. That performance alone has put his name up there with some of the games greats.
2. Cunners. 14 Clearances. 20 contested possessions for the 5th time this season. Hard not to give him 3 but in JZs 200th he was a bit unlucky.
1. Tarryn Thomas. Hard choice and it might be a bit of an encouragement award/vote but I felt he helped win this game by quarter time.

Anderson, Turner and Polec were all good as well, could have each had the 1 vote.

Hope you're all enjoying your Friday arvo... :drunk:

JZ - 92 votes. Captain's game again. Has stepped up significantly since Brad's departure. Congrats on the 200 games too. Seems to have matured over the last month.
Cunners - 54 votes. One of his best games I reckon but as Black2Blue mentioned he is becoming so consistent its hard to tell them apart. We're getting spoiled. He will finish his career as one of the greatest players to wear the jumper at this rate. 200 this week. Congrats and here's to many more in the royal blue and white.
JPo - 38 votes. He has really stepped it up lately. Seem to benefitting from Brad's departure and is starting to show just what he is capable of. Lethal left boot/
Suga - 16 votes. Back in the votes after what seems like years of people calling for his head. Surely people can see what he brings after games like this.
Mase and TT - 4 votes each. Both of these guys have been playing great footy for a while now. Mason might be finally on the verge of showing the league how good he can be. 50 games coming up (congrats Mase,) and starting to play consistently good games. TT - rising star and a match winning quarter of footy.
JPi - 2 votes. 11 1%ers!!! Most of them would be spoils too. Top effort from the game. been an amazing pick up for us this year. The Pole Axe is good too but Jasper has been great. He is hard, sharp and great to watch and can be incredibly smooth, just like the mineral he was named after. Unlucky to miss a vote this week.

5 - Jack Ziebell.
4 - Ben Cunnington.
3 - Jared Polec.
2 - Kayne Turner.
1 - Tarryn Thomas.
1 - Mason Wood.

The leaderboard after round 12:

Ben Cunnington - 35.
Shaun Atley - 20.
Jack Ziebell - 18.
Jed Anderson - 16.
Cameron Zurhaar - 12.
Shaun Higgins - 11.
Jared Polec - 11.
Robbie Tarrant - 11.
Trent Dumont - 7.
Todd Goldstein - 7.
Jasper Pittard - 7.
Ben Brown - 6.
Bailey Scott - 5.
Jy Simpkin - 5.
Aaron Hall - 4.
Luke Davies-Uniacke - 2.
Nick Larkey - 2.
Kayne Turner - 2.
Mason Wood - 2.
Jamie Macmillan - 1.
Tarryn Thomas - 1.

No one can catch Cunners now with Higgo going down, although JZ is making a hard run at 2nd place.

As usual, Tazz & Goldy get somewhat taken for granted (I include myself in that)

True. So many good games get taken for granted imo.

Taz and Goldy often suffer too. But I reckon Marley Williams misses a few votes as well. Defenders are up against it in terms of votes cos we have some unreal ball winners and defenders are usually judged on how invisible their opponents are not how many times they win the ball in a pack.

Cunners has really opened a gap on the field, nearly double his nearest competitor. But he is having the most incredible season. We wouldn't hear the end of it if it was a Geelong mid, played at a big club or was one of the games other "renowned" players. He is among the best players in the comp right now. Who knows. By the time his career finishes he will probably be among the greatest North Melbourne players of all time. He'd be a walk up start in any North side I've ever seen, probably any footy side I've ever seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back