MVP Votes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

That's one. If five people want it done now then I'll do it. Otherwise I'd prefer to leave it for a day or two before the Syd.

The order is set anyway, at least the top four.

Sheeze, LDU, Bails and JZ.

Larkey and Thomas will go ahead of Goldy for five and six and they might both end up on the same score.

Jy or Will Phillips might sneak into the top ten but otherwise its set.

That's one. If five people want it done now then I'll do it. Otherwise I'd prefer to leave it for a day or two before the Syd.

The order is set anyway, at least the top four.

Sheeze, LDU, Bails and JZ.

Larkey and Thomas will go ahead of Goldy for five and six and they might both end up on the same score.

Jy or Will Phillips might sneak into the top ten but otherwise its set.

Do as you please mate. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final votes for the year. And what a year. Thankfully its over.

Souva - 99 votes. In all the time I've done this its only a handful of times that every voter gave the same player 3 votes. Congrats Nick.
TT - 29 votes. Finished this vote count the way he finished the season. Keep this up next year and then sign an extension please.
Sheeze and Bails - 24 votes each. Well done to both of them on fantastic seasons too.
Jyza - 9 votes. This was a real captains game imo. He really stood up.
Fordy and Wi Phi - 5 votes each. Both of them unlucky to make the final votes as well as they played great games.
Tommy Powell also played a blinder and had 3 votes, while Paul Curtis had one vote.

Any of those last four players could have had votes as well. They all stood up and made important contributions. Larkey owes Paulie a few beers i reckon.

5 - Nick Larkey.
4 - Tarryn Thomas.
3 - Bailey Scott.
3 - Harry Sheezel.
1 - Jy Simpkin.

This is the final board for Season 2023:

63 - Harry Sheezel.
41 - Luke Davies-Uniacke.
33 - Bailey Scott.
27 - Jack Ziebell.
23 - Nick Larkey.
23 - Tarryn Thomas.
21- Todd Goldstein.
16 - Cam Zurhaar.
14 - Ben McKay.
12 - Jy Simpkin.
12 - George Wardlaw.
11 - Ben Cunnington.
11 - Will Phillips.
9 - Griffin Logue.
8 - Hugh Greenwood.
8 - Liam Shiels.
8 - Jaidyn Stephenson.
4 - Charlie Comben.
3 - Paul Curtis.
2 - Callum Coleman-Jones.
2 - Aidan Corr.
1 - Luke McDonald.
1 - Darcy Tucker

1st - Harry Sheezel
2nd - Luke Davies-Uniacke
3rd - Bailey Scott
4th - Jack Ziebell
Equal 5th - Nick Larkey and Tarryn Thomas
7th - Todd Goldstein
8th - Cam Zurhaar
9th - Ben McKay
Equal 10th - Jy Simpkin and George Wardlaw

Congratulations on a fantastic debut season Harry. You really gave us something to look forward to in a terrible year.

The Coaches Award for 2023 goes to Griffin Logue. Put himself on the line all season and paid a heavy price too.

Last edited:
Lots of players got coaches votes in that game too. "Duncan Idaho gave an encouragement award to lazz as well and I'm counting that.

Tommy Powell - 2
Charlie Lazzzzzz - 2 (rapt for him to finally get a shot in the middle and show what he's got.)
The GT40 - 2
Wi Phi - 2
Apples - 1
The Goat - 1
Bails - 1
Huge Green Wood - 1
Kal Dawson - 1

This the final tally for the coaches votes.

Congrats to Griff.

Log - 18.
Chom - 16.
Cunners - 16.
Pup Shiels - 16.
Apples Corr - 13.
Bails - 12.
Bull - 12.
Warlord - 12.
WiPhi - 11.
Souv - 10.
GT-Fordy - 9.
Hughey - 9.
Ziebs - 9.
Lmac - 8.
Sleevo - 8.
Sugar - 7.
CCJ - 5.
Booper - 4.
Buckets - 4.
Goldy. - 4.
Paul Curtis -4.
Lazz - 4.
Tom Pow!! -4.
Sheez - 4.
Squiz - 4.
Taz - 4.
Jacko Archer - 3.
Bonar - 2.
Darcy Tuckerbox - 2.
Howe -2.
X - 2.
Kal dawson.
Goatboy.
LDU.
Jack Mahony.

I have to say the future looks bright based on our voting this season.

Which is good - it needs to be as the immediate past has been pretty stressful.

Only two really old guys in the top ten - JZ and Goldy and at least one has retired. The only other potential loss aside from those two is Ben McKay.

Everyone we still have from the 2016 draft made the top ten, our two top picks from last draft did as well and some of our best players - LDU, Jy and Cam Zurhaar still polled well despite missing games thru the year.

Larkey and Thomas also finished the year very strongly after both were written off at times by a bunch of us on here. So well done to them as well for standing up as the season finished.

Thanks to everyone who fronted up and voted week after week when things looked so dire and to everyone who gave coaches votes as well.

Onward and upward next year hey.

I have to say the future looks bright based on our voting this season.

Which is good - it needs to be as the immediate past has been pretty stressful.

Only two really old guys in the top ten - JZ and Goldy and at least one has retired. The only other potential loss aside from those two is Ben McKay.

Everyone we still have from the 2016 draft made the top ten, our two top picks from last draft did as well and some of our best players - LDU, Jy and Cam Zurhaar still polled well despite missing games thru the year.

Larkey and Thomas also finished the year very strongly after both were written off at times by a bunch of us on here. So well done to them as well for standing up as the season finished.

Thanks to everyone who fronted up and voted week after week when things looked so dire and to everyone who gave coaches votes as well.

Onward and upward next year hey.
Great work Ferbs

Sensational effort all year from you here ferbs, thanks. 👏

I hope you have your presentation speeches for Griff and Harry ready for the live presentation via satellite on Saturday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back