MVP Votes vs Hawthorn round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Very hard to give votes this weekend compared to last week.

5 - Priddis. Contested work in Q1 set the tone and set us up.
4 - Gaff
3 - Kennedy
2 - Lycett
1 - McGovern

Hutch shuts down the guy that everyone has been begging to be tagged because he cuts us up every time we play them and barely gets a vote. Some players just aren't appreciated no matter what they do..

5. Hutch
4. Gov
3. JK
2. Gaff
1. Jetta

HM: Darling, Cripps, Shepp, lycett
Rules of this board say you can't give yourself votes.

Hutch shuts down the guy that everyone has been begging to be tagged because he cuts us up every time we play them and barely gets a vote. Some players just aren't appreciated no matter what they do..

5. Hutch
4. Gov
3. JK
2. Gaff
1. Jetta

HM: Darling, Cripps, Shepp, lycett

You say that then don't give a vote to Priddis or even mention him on your HM's. Priddis was a monster last night and deserved appreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say that then don't give a vote to Priddis or even mention him on your HM's. Priddis was a monster last night and deserved appreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Priddis was alright, but he just did what he always does, be at the drop of every contest coz we virtually always tap to him, and he got the ball out to better users of the footy. He was better than last week coz he didn't blind bomb as much, but he didn't shut down the premier ball user in the comp and keep him to 2 possessions in the first quarter, effectively giving us the head start we needed to get some confidence. Mitchell has been tearing the ass out of sides for years because he uses the ball so well, so it was crucial that we restricted his touches last night. Hutch got the job done extremely well and deserves kudos for that. Gov saved our ass time and again down back, jK took clutch contested marks and kicked crucial goals, Gaff was all over the ground providing drive out of our backline time and again, and Jettas pressure at the ball carrier and ball use helped us apply scoreboard pressure when we needed to set up the win.

5 Priddis
4 Kennedy
3 Gov
2 Sheppard
1 Hutchings (deserves recognition for the job he did on Mitchell)

HM: Gaff, Hurn, Wellingham, Lycett, Darling, Sheed, Jetta. Pretty much everyone, I can't name a player who had a poor game.

Hutch shuts down the guy that everyone has been begging to be tagged because he cuts us up every time we play them and barely gets a vote. Some players just aren't appreciated no matter what they do.
Not personal, just too many guys deserved votes last night. I felt compelled to give some to Masten and Wellers because I suspected they would slip under the radar too and I thought they were excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not personal, just too many guys deserved votes last night. I felt compelled to give some to Masten and Wellers because I suspected they would slip under the radar too and I thought they were excellent.

Lots of guys played well last night, but Hutchs role in shutting down thier number one play maker takes precedence for me, because we've all seen what Mitchell can do when given time and space with the footy.
If Hutch didn't shut Mitchell down I doubt we'd have won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back