MVP Votes vs Hawthorn round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

How'd we go when Mitchell ran amok again SC? Oh yeah, thats right, we got pantsed. Doesnt mean every game the stopper is gonna get top votes, but when a great job is done that contributes massively on a big win, then credit is due in the form of votage.
My point was that people rarely give accolades to negating performances, this is hardly an isolated incident or one that has anything inherently to do with Hutchings.

You really should sponsor him next year. You will probably win SOTY by default!

My point was that people rarely give accolades to negating performances, this is hardly an isolated incident or one that has anything inherently to do with Hutchings.

You really should sponsor him next year. You will probably win SOTY by default!

Agreed in most cases, but when you've been smacked by the same team twice in the last year by letting the most damaging mid in the game run around, collect 34 possessions and carve you up all day, and then the next time you play that team you give a guy a job to shut that other mid down, and he does it well, he deserves votes. You often see players getting lauded for shut down performances on big name players in the media so its not entirely unusual.

The club agreed that his performance was significant enough to write an article about it as well http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-08-20/clutch-hutch-shuts-down-mitch

I just believe in giving credit where its due, and like i said i get sick of seeing people bag this guy while others make similar mistakes and skate on through. I've also said he hasnt been in great form recently as well, its just that i am one of the few people who actually stick up for him so it looks like i'm a massive fan when i just think he's better than he gets credit for.

Agreed in most cases, but when you've been smacked by the same team twice in the last year by letting the most damaging mid in the game run around, collect 34 possessions and carve you up all day, and then the next time you play that team you give a guy a job to shut that other mid down, and he does it well, he deserves votes. You often see players getting lauded for shut down performances on big name players in the media so its not entirely unusual.

The club agreed that his performance was significant enough to write an article about it as well http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-08-20/clutch-hutch-shuts-down-mitch

I just believe in giving credit where its due, and like i said i get sick of seeing people bag this guy while others make similar mistakes and skate on through. I've also said he hasnt been in great form recently as well, its just that i am one of the few people who actually stick up for him so it looks like i'm a massive fan when i just think he's better than he gets credit for.
The decision to tag Mitchell was Simpson's though. A Simpson: 3 votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back