MVP Votes vs Pies; Rd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Ablett - back to 100% this week.
4. Hickey - Could be a weapon with his contested marking ability.
3. Bennell - 28 touches without being too conspicuous.
2. Thompson - liked his job on Cloke after Travis threatened to tear us a new one early.
1. Sexton - still very young but showed some glimpses of real class out there.

HM to Brown and Iles.

I haven't voted for a few weeks..too sad
If I can bring myself to watch a replay I might .
Really happy to see people rate Luke Russell..I think he has been our most improved this year with Harley B.
Arguably our most consistent sub 50 gamer.
Sexton will be a player..that was obvious vs Port last week.Seemed comfortable.
Compare with Hall who just seems unable to get going at this level.

Yep, Russell has definitely benefited massively from Arizona. He's improved out of sight this year.

Considered Thommo in my 5 too, couldn't fit him in though. Had a great game on Cloke though. Sexy not too far behind either.

5. Ablett - For me I think Daisy actually beat him on the night.
But I can't ignore the magnitude of stats or his overall work rate.

4. Bennell - slick and in everything. Very smart outside player with speed.
3. Isles - He is just so consistent and reliable down back.
2. Russell - loved his attempted spoil in the goal square really worked hard all night.
1. Stanley - Worked hard down back keeping Goldsack to a couple of stats first half while on him.

Best game Brown has played record high 14 poss. Needed to become more involved.

5 Ablett
4 Bennell
3 Thompson
2 Iles
1 McKenzie

McKenzie & Russell both seemed to benefit from the rest last week. Lynch might be due for a rest next week. Hickey gave us a viable marking target for the kick-ins, but he needs to be a bit quicker with his disposal. It was his best game by a long shot. It was also good to see Brown get some reward for effort. He's been working really hard over the past few weeks, so deserved to get amongst the goals again.

Yep, Russell has definitely benefited massively from Arizona. He's improved out of sight this year.

Considered Thommo in my 5 too, couldn't fit him in though. Had a great game on Cloke though. Sexy not too far behind either.

Where do your blokes do their pre-season in Arizona?

3. Isles - He is just so consistent and reliable down back.
1. Stanley - Worked hard down back keeping Goldsack to a couple of stats first half while on him.

I regularly see people bagging us on the main board saying our mature age recruitment was poor but they always seem to leave out Isles & Stanley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Votes from Round 10

1. Ablett (40)
2. Hickey (24)
3. Bennell (20)
4. Brown (10)
5. Iles (8)

Leaderboard after Round 10

1. Ablett (321)
2. Bennell (242)
3. Iles (139)
4. Swallow (130)