MVP Votes vs STK - RD23 (Bigfooty 2018 MVP: Shaun Higgins & Ben Cunnington)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Big Footy North Melbourne Board's best players for 2018 are:

Cunners and Higgo. Its a draw!!

Congratualtions guys. Well deserved too.

I was gonna go back and check the years votes cos its so close but I don't want to. (If anyone else does feel free.) And I'm not doing a count back for most BOGs or anything either. I think its appropriate they both win.

At the start of the year these two were easily the most underrated mids in the comp and they've both played fantastic seasons of football. Incredible efforts - Cunners owning the inside - including a world record for contested possessions - and Higgos massive year under incredible opposition pressure. A bit of genuine speed and skill on the outside and they'll lead a midfield that rips other teams apart next year.

Twinkletoes would you leave this open for a few days. I want to do a bit of a review. Nothing as comprehensive as roos rool's magnum opus obviously but there a few thoughts I wouldn't mind adding.

Anyone else want to comment should feel free too. Interesting to see that Goldy pipped Maj for the last spot on the podium for example. And that it came down to the last game of the year. I wouldn't have picked either for that little contest half way thru the year. Its a credit to both of them.

Third to sixth place are all taken up by people we thought were cooked or just never going to make it. That's a massive result for the club and if anything means that not making the finals is a bit of a disappointment. If you'd picked those four players to be right there you'd have been laughed off the board a year ago. Goldy might have been a chance in the unlikely event he got back to his best form and that's about it.

Here's the final tally from last year too:

B. Brown - 41
B. Cunnington – 41
S. Higgins - 39
L. Mcdonald – 27
M. Williams – 23
J. Ziebell – 17
R. Tarrant – 16
J. Waite - 15
A. Swallow - 13
R. Clarke - 12
S. Thompson - 12
S. Atley - 9
T. Garner - 9
T. Dumont – 8
J. Macmillan – 7
B. Preuss - 7
T. Goldstein – 5
K. Turner -5
L. Hansen - 4
N. Hrovat - 4
A. Mullett - 4
S. Gibson - 3
D. Mountford - 3
E. Vickers-Willis - 3
M. Wood - 2

Two draws in a row. WTF!!!

Interesting to see the changes, both up and down the order and the people who aren't on both leaderboards.

I was gonna go back and check the years votes cos its so close but I don't want to. (If anyone else does feel free.) And I'm not doing a count back for most BOGs or anything either. I think its appropriate they both win.

At the start of the year these two were easily the most underrated mids in the comp and they've both played fantastic seasons of football. Incredible efforts - Cunners owning the inside - including a world record for contested possessions - and Higgos massive year under incredible opposition pressure. A bit of genuine speed and skill on the outside and they'll lead a midfield that rips other teams apart next year.
Well done ferb's, great effort again this year, i predicted a draw between Cunners and Higgo in the Syd Barker prediction thread ;), amazing effort by Benny Jacobs to finish 5th after basically only 1/2 a season.

Ferby, why not give this a dedicated thread mate?

And here is the final tally for 2018.

B. Cunnington - 44.
S. Higgins - 44.
T. Goldstein - 30.
M. Daw - 27.
B. Jacobs - 22.
J. Anderson - 21.
B. Brown - 19.
J. Ziebell - 19.
S. Thompson - 17.
J. Waite - 17.
T. Dumont - 14.
P. Ahern - 13.
J. Simpkin - 9.
R. Tarrant - 8.
K. Turner - 7.
J. Macmillan - 6.
M. Wood - 5.
L. McDonald - 4.
S. Wright - 4.
S. Atley - 3.
M. Williams - 3.
R. Clarke - 2
E. Vickers-Willis - 2.
B. Hartung - 1.
Jacobs would have won the thing had he stayed fit IMO

And here is the final tally for 2018.

B. Cunnington - 44.
S. Higgins - 44.
T. Goldstein - 30.
M. Daw - 27.
B. Jacobs - 22.
J. Anderson - 21.
B. Brown - 19.
J. Ziebell - 19.
S. Thompson - 17.
J. Waite - 17.
T. Dumont - 14.
P. Ahern - 13.
J. Simpkin - 9.
R. Tarrant - 8.
K. Turner - 7.
J. Macmillan - 6.
M. Wood - 5.
L. McDonald - 4.
S. Wright - 4.
S. Atley - 3.
M. Williams - 3.
R. Clarke - 2
E. Vickers-Willis - 2.
B. Hartung - 1.

How do these generally stuck up against the BnF?

For all the s**t we give ourselves, Bigfooty doesn't normally get it wrong.

For the years that I collated the votes, we were generally pretty spot on.

Personally I'm expecting HIggins narrowly from Cunnington, with a space to Goldstein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B. Cunnington - 44.
S. Higgins - 44.
T. Goldstein - 30.
M. Daw - 27.
B. Jacobs - 22.
J. Anderson - 21.
B. Brown - 19.
J. Ziebell - 19.
S. Thompson - 17.

J. Waite - 17.
T. Dumont - 14.
P. Ahern - 13.
J. Simpkin - 9.
R. Tarrant - 8.
K. Turner - 7.
J. Macmillan - 6.
M. Wood - 5.
L. McDonald - 4.
S. Wright - 4.
S. Atley - 3.
M. Williams - 3.
R. Clarke - 2
E. Vickers-Willis - 2.
B. Hartung - 1.

Yes, well.......there's going to be some re-ordering on Syd Barker night.

M. Daw - 27.
B. Jacobs - 22.
J. Anderson - 21.
B. Brown - 19.
J. Ziebell - 19.
S. Thompson - 17.

J. Waite - 17.
T. Dumont - 14.
P. Ahern - 13.
J. Simpkin - 9.
R. Tarrant - 8.

Tarrant 8? I reckon I’m responsible for at least 4 of those

Majak was approximately a 350% better player aside from needing Robbie to actually take the key defenders.

Well Higgo and Cunners ... Pretty close in the Syd too. I'm thinking I might try and organise some sort of trophy. Maybe find a nice piece of wood around here (Rosewood or something similar) maybe get a mate to carve it into some sort of Kangaroo and present it to them or at least the club when I'm in Melbourne next.

I've been thinking about it since I did the votes last year. What do people reckon?

Well Higgo and Cunners ... Pretty close in the Syd too. I'm thinking I might try and organise some sort of trophy. Maybe find a nice piece of wood around here (Rosewood or something similar) maybe get a mate to carve it into some sort of Kangaroo and present it to them or at least the club when I'm in Melbourne next.

I've been thinking about it since I did the votes last year. What do people reckon?

EDIT - A roo or some sort of even shinbone type thing...

Majak was approximately a 350% better player aside from needing Robbie to actually take the key defenders.

Clearly the voters of the Syd Barker didn't agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back