MVP Votes vs the Sydney umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not counting yet but was just reading this and noticed that if some of you hadn't voted for taz (and HKR for Larks just above) then every player with a vote has a first name starting with J. Lift your game you non J people. : waggly finger thingee

3 - Umpire 17
2 - Brad Scott's Coaching
1 - Razor Ray

For players I would go for:

3. Simpkin
2. Ziebell
1. Tarrant

While I don't disagree with you on the votes, I am beginning to wonder if Brad's coaching is to blame. For the last 18 months our forward set up has been utter shiz. When will Leigh Tudor's forward coaching structure come under fire?
Stats wise, we are holding up ok without being alarmingly bad. We are getting the ball inside 50, but nobody to kick to. In the few moments Ben has lead for the ball, we've looked alright. But having 3 blokes piled together about 25 out and isn't working.

While I don't disagree with you on the votes, I am beginning to wonder if Brad's coaching is to blame. For the last 18 months our forward set up has been utter shiz. When will Leigh Tudor's forward coaching structure come under fire?
Stats wise, we are holding up ok without being alarmingly bad. We are getting the ball inside 50, but nobody to kick to. In the few moments Ben has lead for the ball, we've looked alright. But having 3 blokes piled together about 25 out and isn't working.

The forward line had no chance whatsoever on Saturday night. Our decision making and execution going into the 50 were deplorable. Brown apparently covered 16km on Saturday night so he was moving. We look good when the ball is in the hands of the right guys in the midfield (Simpkin, Thomas, Anderson and a few others) and they lower their eyes to pick the right target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Votes.

JZ - 99 votes. One of his best games for us. His second most disposals ever!! Captain's game - well done Jack.
Jy - 42 votes. A top game from JY. Seems to be playing to his potential the last few weeks and with a bit straighter kicking would have won us the game. (Where have we heard that before.) Nonetheless a great game from Jy - set the tone early with a ripper centre clearance.
Taz - 32 votes. Coming right back into his best form and getting votes regularly.
Jed - 20 votes. Consistency. Just gets in there and gets it done.
JPo - 14 votes. Another consistent game from Jared. Knows where to go to give us an option, works hard all game and has even started to contests harder for the ball.
JMac - 2 votes. No doubt some here will hate that but he was far from as bad as he's been on the weekend and still racked up the marks, rebounds, spoils and possessions off the backline.
Larks - 1 vote. Onya Larks. Every game he shows something. Great to see these younger players (Larkey, Jy and even Jed) getting votes.

5 - Jack Ziebell.
4 - Jy Simpkin.
3 - Robbie Tarrant.
2 - Jed Anderson.
1 - Jared Polec.

The leaderboard after round 9:

Ben Cunnington - 26.
Shaun Atley - 20.
Jed Anderson - 13.
Jack Ziebell - 10.
Jared Polec - 8.
Robbie Tarrant - 8.